Chapter#42

Mahnoor's POV:

The annoying sound of alarm woke me up and I instantly slid my hand under my pillow to turn it off before Moosa gets up but it did disturb his sleep.

"Who is calling?" I heard his grumpy voice.

"It was an alarm!"

"Hmm!" He answered, going back to his sleeping mode.

I quickly rolled over to the other side of the bed, out of his reach and sighed in relief when he didn't search for my presence. He has a very strange habit of cuddling in his sleep.

Is it because he was lonely for a long time?

For how long?

How long have you stayed alone, Moosa?

My gaze stayed on his face for more than several moments, staring at his silky dishevelled hair which he usually sets backward with the help of tons of hair products.

Yesterday was the second time where he rescued me. The first time was from his female companions, and yesterday was from my own family.

I was really shaken up by Bhai's attitude. Never thought that my own brother would say or think of something as low as such, and what broke me the most that Ami didn't deny him. All I got was a weak defence from Papa.

However, it scared me at first when I saw Moosa in the house. He was capable of doing worse things to them yet he didn't, nor disrespect them as I feared before and for this, I was thankful to Allah and for him. Not only because he handled everything with a cool head, but also, for being with me when I was at the edge of breaking. Even before sleeping, he stayed by my side and tried to comfort me with those unspoken words his, which I was able to read in his eyes.

At that time, I felt a sudden urge to hold this person tight who was lying beside me, having so many emotions for me in his eyes. He tried to say something but I shut my eyes and clenched his shirt to make him quiet. I feared that I would wake up from this dream - A dream where I have a person who cares for me when I lost the support of, my own family.

"Thank you... Moosa." I whispered hopelessly because I know I would never be able to say these words to him directly.

I got up, prayed Fajar Namaz, and lay down on the couch, closing my eyes. All the moments of yesterday started to play back in my mind like a film. Loss, shock, sadness, the anger I couldn't name the feeling now but whatever this emotion was, it is painful.

"Noor?" A hand gently brushed my hair.

Moosa...

I inhaled a deep breath before opening my eyes and find him crouching beside the couch.

"Why are you crying?"

"It's... nothing." I sat straight, wiping tears from the corner of my eyes. He took a seat beside me.

"Listen, Noor. I am sorry about yesterd-"

"It's okay. We don't have to talk about it, I am fine." I didn't let him finish his sentence. There was nothing to talk about. He didn't answer for a while and kept on looking at me, while I stared at the floor.

"Hm...! So, you are fine?" I nodded without looking at him.

"Then don't lay here with a sad face and work." He suddenly changed the topic.

"Huh?" I gave him a questioning look.

Instead of answering me, he walked over to the wardrobe and pull out five pairs of his Kurta Shalwar.