Chapter # 50

Mahnoor's POV:

"It would've been much better if you didn't say anything at all. I've had enough of your riddles and the different personas that you put up all the time. Just tell me what you want and I will do it, but please, stop testing me. Don't confuse me more than I already am. Can't you see how tired I am?" I asked as I'm clenching his sleeves but he just stood still whilst holding me in his arms.

I wished he could understand the feelings I was unable to put into words. The journey I have made from hate to love wasn't easy. I am exhausted and wanted to rest now.

"Willingly or not, I did everything. I left my family, I changed myself, and I become blind to everything that happens around me. I didn't know you... I still don't know much about you. Yet, I am trying my best, to give 'us' a chance. Not because I don't have any choice, but because... I cannot imagine myself without you. I don't want to... Your Noor will break, Moosa. Don't push her away when she finally wants to reach you. Don't leave, don't make her more confused than she already is... I won't be able to gather myself again. I am not that strong."

Again, no response.

He was so close to me that I could feel his breaths on my face. If he were to make a movement, which I can take as a hint or a sign that he understands me, I would have calmed down, I would have stopped, but there were none, and his silence was suffocating me.

"Say something!" I screamed, shaking both of his arms before bursting into tears.

"Noor, I... I'm sorry." He said as he pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

Sorry???

Is all that he has to say???

~*~

Moosa's POV:

I pulled Noor into a tight hug and mumbled 'sorry'. I didn't know what else I should say to her now. I was feeling like a complete idiot.

She tried to wiggle free, which I couldn't allow. I didn't mind a few screams from her right now, but I will not let her go. Still holding her in my arms, I moved back and drop myself on an armchair nearby with her on my lap.

"Let me go!" She shrieked.

Her tears were still dripping from her eyes and when I reach out to wipe them, she jerked my hand and looked away. I didn't reach again and after making myself comfortable, I yanked her to me. She didn't protest this time and buried her head in my neck.

"Don't cry, Noor," I said, kissing her head. When her sobs slowed down, I leaned back and closed my eyes.

I noticed it... the change in her, long ago and I loved it but instead of being happy that she was finally giving in, I forced myself to think the opposite. Because I never believed or wanted to believe that I can live a normal life or I can be loved by someone, especially someone innocent like her.

I am a man whose hands are stained with the blood of many people. My work doesn't allow me to lead an average living. The threats I have on my life are no joke and I cannot overlook them. A part of me fears that she was being delusive when it comes to loving me.

That is why I told her about her abduction being deliberated. I thought she would be scared after knowing that she is surrounded by threats, I thought she would hate me for dragging her into this world. But now, when it all came to this, I found myself confused as Noor., asking the same question as Noor.

What do I want?

I didn't know what I want. After having her in my life, being loved by her, I don't know what else I want.