Chapter # 55

Song: Nothing I have Ever Known  (OST- Spirit Stallion of the Cimarron)

~*~

Mahnoor's POV :

"Come on, yar. I am not a kid." I said, looking at my birthday cake.

"Of course you are not. But we still want you to cut the cake so you can officially leave teenage life." Kanwal smiled.

"Bhabi, the cake will melt." Shahina mumbled looking at the cake and I finally cut it.

It was Yawar's idea to celebrate my birthday with Shahina, Kanwal, Nats and him, but he was needed in some urgent business so he had to excuse himself early, leaving us four. After dinner, everyone decided to stay at the Main House. I was glad to have some company other than Shahina but my happiness turned into anger when I opened my bedroom door and found dozens of stuffed cats in it.

"I am going to kill you, Yawar!" Gritting my teeth, I call him but he didn't pick up.

"Nats, can you please call Yawar and ask him to come here for a while?" I shouted to Nats who was downstairs probably drinking another cup of tea with Kanwal.

"Yawar is not stupid to come over and die." A masculine voice replied instead of Nats and that voice belongs to none other than Yawar.

I quickly stomped into the living room where the three of them were enjoying tea.

"So that was your urgent business?!" I said, standing in front of him.

"Oh! You noticed."

"What do you mean by 'noticed'? I am not blind and why did you put those things in my room?" I crossed my arms.

"What things?" Kanwal asked, looking back and forth between me and Yawar.

"Stuffed cats." I gritted my teeth.

"Stuffed cats? Can I take one?" From somewhere inside the kitchen, we heard Shahina's excited voice and all of us turn towards it.

"How many times have I told you to keep your volume down?! I don't like girls who talk loudly!" Yawar scolded her rudely and quite loudly, receiving Kanwal and my surprised glances but he didn't notice as he was busy glaring at the kitchen's entrance.

"Keep YOUR voice down, Yawar and never talk to a girl in this tone!" This scolding came from Nats. Yawar made a displeased face but apologised. It was quite admirable how Yawar and Moosa respect Nats like she was their own big sister.

"What are you going to do about your cats?" Kanwal asked after a few awkward moments of silence.

"He is taking them back." I pointed my index finger to him.

"I am not. It is a gift and I am not taking them back. Do whatever you see fit." He said in a serious tone, getting up from the sofa.

"Where are you going?" I inquired.

"I have some business to attend and you are going with me tomorrow." He lazily slid his hands into his pockets, looking in my direction.

"Huh? Where??"

"On a date, Bhabi Boss." He whispered, lowering his head to my height.

Eh???

"Allah Hafiz, ladies." He winked at me before walking towards the door.

Have this guy completely lost his mind...?

~*~

Didn't know how long I have been fighting my sleep, I want to stay awake until midnight. This was stupid, birthday was no magical day when your wishes come true, nor am I a kid to believe it may happen but I was still up, trying to believe like a child that my birthday wish will come true. I can hear the ticking sound of the clock and with each tick, my hope gets closer to shatter. Slowly, I turned my face to the clock and a painful smile breaks on my face. It was already fifteen past twelve. I grabbed Moosa's pillow and hug it tight.