Chapter#43

Tere Kheton ko Haryali de
Tere Logon ko Khush hali de
Tujhe Har dam Rut Matwali de
Aye Pak Watan Tujhe Mera Khuda

Youn hi Daaim Qaaim Shaad Rakhay, Shaad Rakhay...

Ahal e Pakistan, Jashan e Azaadi Mubarak ho...

******

Mahnoor's POV:

On hearing Kanwal's voice, Moosa turned his face to the door, then to me.

"What was that?" He asked, raising his brows.

Act normal...

Act normal...

"Don't know." I shrugged, pretending to be normal.

"Hm!" He didn't say anything else, only peer down at me with an amused look and as soon as our eyes met, a few acting skills I have vanished into thin air. I lowered my gaze, biting my lower lips in embarrassment.

"Don't look at me like this." I was fidgeting my fingers.

"Then how should I look at you?" He tried to sound serious.

"I don't know .... but now... that way."

What the hell am I babbling?

"What way?"

His eyes stayed on me. I could sense them....scrutinizing me...making me feel self-conscious and exposed at the same time. I wanted to run away again and hide in a place where that gaze cannot find me or else I am afraid they will see...

"Like you are going to make fun of me." I murmured loud enough for him to hear.

"I will not."

They will see... and he will know... the feelings that I have been trying so hard to ignore.

I raise my head and watched him slowly cover the distance between us. Now I was face to face with him once again, with the same foreign sensation I felt whenever he is near.

"Why did you run?" He tilted his head.

"I... don't know." I lowered my eyes again.

"You don't know?" His sounded surprised. I shook my head in negative and received a soft chuckle from him.

"Tell me. Who is this girl I am looking at? She is not the Noor I knew." Suddenly, I felt a finger tapping under my chin.

"Look here." and I did as I was told.

"My Noor isn't a coward who runs away from anything. She faces it, with the feisty head of hers. And she is not as clueless as this girl who doesn't even know the reasons for her actions."

What???

"I am neither clueless nor a coward."

He has no right to insult me!

"Then tell me why you disappeared?"

"I choose not to answer that." I retorted.

"Same thing." He smirked as if he was challenging.

"It is not. I am not a coward at all." Challenge accepted.

"Then hold onto your ground." He said and before I could make out what he meant, I found him leaning closer to my lips.

Eh???

My eyes widened and without thinking, I stepped back, but he didn't give me time to create distance between us. His arm quickly sneaked behind my back and held me firmly on my place.