Chapter# 47

Song: "Bakhuda" from drama Bashar Momin

Mahnoor's POV:

Didn't know at what time of day my peaceful slumber was disturbed by a sudden sting I felt on my arm, making me abruptly change my position. In the state of half-sleep and half awake, I opened my eyes, with the head was aching and soreness in my arm. I looked around the unfamiliar environment, which scared me for a moment but soon, a sigh of relief escaped from my mouth when my eyes settled on Moosa. He was standing still near the window while staring at me. Unconsciously, my hand stretched out to him, before I could give up and drop my hand, he came stalking towards me and leaned closer until my hand touched his face. Holding my hand, he slowly caressed his face against my hand and placed a kiss on my palm. As his stubble rubs against my skin, a strange satisfaction spread in me.

"Get up and eat something." He said.

I nodded. As I sit up, the blanket slipped, exposing my cleavage. My eyes widened and quickly pull it back.

This...

I looked at my shoulder and I see a lining blue shirt. Unintentionally, I touched my clothes under the blanket, which didn't feel like a Sari at all. My eyes went even wider on realizing that I was wearing a trouser and shirt and I don't even remember changing into it.

"Wh-Who changed my clothes?" I stuttered.

"I did." He shrugged like it was no big deal.

"You're joking, na?" I looked at him in disbelief.

He cannot! He is not that bold.

"I am not. Why would I miss such privilege?" He asked, looking directly into my eyes.

No way...

I felt like burying myself under the deepest layer of earth, but I could only hide under the bedcover. I don't know what else to do, I didn't have the courage to face him now when he sat beside me and admitted that he saw me naked.

Ya Allah! So embarrassing...

"Noor?" He tried to take off the cover.

"Stay away." I quickly moved to the other side of the bed.

"What are you doing?" I heard his irritated voice.

Instead of answering him, I tried to create more distance but was instantly dragged back to my initial position. A gasped on finding Moosa hovering over me. My heart started to beat fast when he fixed his gaze upon me and the look in his eyes didn't seem favourable to me. Staring straight right into my eyes, he pinned both of my hands on either side of my head when I reached out to cover my exposed skin.

"It is no use to hide anymore." He leaned closer, intervening his fingers in mine.

I felt my face started heating up when my mind registered his words and quickly turned my head to the other side. Strangely, I was not disgusted with the thought that he undressed me.

"Noor, look at me." He ordered and I silently obey.

His eyes and his warm breaths were doing bizarre things to me, an emotion mixed with excitement and nervousness. He always gave me such feelings which I am incapable to understand. His longing gaze and his hands, slowly sliding the fabric from my shoulders, asking for my permission - Something I am unable to give now yet I didn't possess the strength to stop him.

Moments passed as we stare into each other's eyes, trying to understand the unspoken words and hidden feelings we have. Until he broke the silence.

"Are you angry at me?" He asked out of nowhere and placed a kiss on my sore arm. A shiver ran down my spine as his lips came in contact with my skin, making me lose the remaining sanity.