Chapter#32

Mahnoor's POV:

I looked again at the box in my hand. I just received it a few moments ago with a bright red rose laid on top. It was a cell phone - the latest one perhaps, and expensive too. It may sound weird, but I am not into cell phones much. Any model or brand was fine as long as it satisfied my need.

I opened the box and took out the phone. I turned it on and start looking through its functions. Soon, a message popped up on the screen.

From: Moosa
'I hope you like your gift!'

I quickly checked the contact list and found only Moosa's number was there. I sighed on my stupidity and put the phone to the side. Only if I had remembered Papa or Bhai's number, I could've called them. Then, my eyes landed on the rose, it was a half bloomed flower. I have never received a flower from anyone, this was the first time. I gently touched it, the soft velvety petals felt so well against my skin. I keep on tenderly grazing the edges of the petals, just like how Moosa does when he was caressing my hand.

It has been four days since he left. He didn't contact me since then. I don't know of his whereabouts or when he was coming back. It wasn't like I miss him, it was just... everything seems so unfit without him.

"What happened to your hand?" My train of thought was interrupted by Yawar's voice.

"Hm?"

"Your hand. What happened to it?"

"Nothing."

"Then why are you massaging it?"

"Huh?" I didn't realize I was doing it.

"Oh! No reason."

"So... Who sent this?" He asked, sitting in front of me with his eyes on the phone.

"Moosa." I murmured.

"Who?"

"Moosa." This time I said it loudly.

"No way! I never knew that MB could be this romantic," He smiled and continued, "I wonder how far he will go to please his wife" He winked at me.

"Shut up."

"Aww! You're blushing!" He teased.

"I am not."

"Yes, you are.'

"No." I said more sternly.

"Fine! Whatever you say, Bhabi."

"Don't you dare call me that." I warned him.

"Okay! How about I call you MB? As Mahnoor Bhabi... Wow. You both are MBs...! It sounds like those cheesy old stories where parents decide their kids' marriage arrangements when they were born and names them accordingly. Like Naeem and Naeema, Munir and Munira, Abid and Abidah, etc, etc..."

Uff! Why does he talk so much???

"Well, whatever. I am just saying that I will call you guys MB and when you guys have kids, then they will be MB Junior... Wait, but what will I call her if she is a girl?" He was talking loudly in a happy tone. All the maids working nearby had started giggling.

Ya Allah...!

"Yawar, shut up!" I threw a cushion at him.

"Haye! Can't a brother dream?" He whined.

"Yawar, one more stupid word and I am really going to get mad at you."

"Okay, okay. Sorry..."

He became a very good friend, I didn't miss Kanwal when he was around but still, I kept on reminding myself that he was from the Black Eagles.

"So, what are we doing today?" He asked.