Chapter#30

Not edited.

Moosa's POV:

Kanwal???

"What are you doing here?"

"I- I was looking for Ahad." She stuttered.

"He is not in the house."

"Oh! Yeah... right. I forgot." She forced a smile and turn to go back.

"How much you have heard?"

"Probably everything." She turned back.

"I see."

"You're not angry?" She asked hesitantly.

What do these girls take me for??? I am not Hulk...

"No! It's just... I don't want you, girls, to know about our work."

" Means all this... these human trafficking things are true?"I nodded.

"And you guys are not... um...Mafia or Gangster?" I chuckled at her confusion and shook my head in negative.

"So why you guys are pretending to be?"

"I would suggest you ask this to your husband." We both started walking to the living room.

"If he wanted to tell me, he would have told earlier." She made a displeased face.

"Yes, he would if I wouldn't have stopped him."

"But why you don't want us to know?"

"The world we live in and the things we hear and see is probably the society's ugliest reality. I don't want to scare you both."

"Thank you, Moosa."

"Wait!... Moosa? Is that how you're going to call your friend's husband?" I teased her to lighten the mood. I didn't want them to take strain about our work.

"...um... Moosa Bhai?"

"Too common and I already have too many sisters."

Everyone calls me Moosa Bhai except Nats...

"Ah! I know... I'll call you Dulha Bhai (Groom brother, use for newly wedded sister's husband), or behnoi Sahab (sister's husband)."

"What? No way."

"Yes! I have made my mind." She smiled.

"You're just like Ahad." I said in amusement.

"What do you mean."

"You both have weird taste in names ... like Ahad call Noor tigress now you are calling me Dulha Bhai." I said sitting on the sofa.

"There is a story behind him calling Mano tigress." She chuckled.

"Really...? What is it?" I got excited.

"Mano never had an interest in animals and she especially doesn't like cats, maybe because everyone calls her Mano (toddlers often use Mano to call cats because of it Meows). Ahad used to have a cat when I was in tenth grade and Mano was in ninth. The cat was healthy and a bit unusual and Mano mistook it as a baby tiger when she first saw it and was afraid to go near it. She wasn't convinced of it being a cat until she heard its meow." She chuckled with a distant look on her face, "since then Ahad calls her tigress."

"Oh! I didn't know she is that..." I stopped myself in the middle when I realize I was about to say my wife 'stupid' in front of her best friend.

"Stupid!" Kanwal completed my sentence with an amused smile.