Chapter # 54

Song: My destiny by Lyn

Mahnoor's POV:

"Mrs Moosa, you forgot your phone." The examiner called me when I was about to leave the examination hall.

"Oh! Thank you." I smiled at her but that smile wasn't returned. Of course, it wouldn't, who'd want to be nice to Moosa Khan's wife?

She silently handed over my phone to me and left. With a short sigh, I left the examination hall. After stepping outside the building, my eyes scanned around the area, hoping to see a familiar face. Soon I spotted one but not the one whom I have been wanting to see.

Wearing jeans and a black Polo T-shirt, Yawar was leaning against his car, busy with his mobile.

Show off!

The first thing that came to my mind was when I find every girl stealing glances at him. I was not surprised by it, he was good looking and because he never makes his appearance in public as a Black Eagles member, he becomes easily noticeable in a positive way. Otherwise, no one would dare to look at him.

I slowly made my way up to the car and with my every step towards him, the girls' eyes went wide. The idea of Moosa's wife approaching a handsome man was creating quite a commotion around. I didn't know how many hearts are going to break now.

"Assalam o Alaikum." I said, standing in front of him.

He raised his head and answered "Wallaikum Assalam." with a tight smile.

He didn't say anything afterwards, neither did I. We got in the car and he drove me home in complete silence. It has been this awkward since last month. Something happened between us and from then we don't talk anymore and try to avoid each other as much as possible.

To be honest, I regret what happened that day. The day I slapped him on saying something out of the blue... something like 'Moosa will never come back'. As soon as his words registered in my mind, I lost it. I not only slapped him but also let out all of the frustration I had bottled up inside me.

No one knows what I have been through. I waited for Moosa that day, I waited for him to take me home, but he never came. Not that day, not the next day, nor many other days onwards and not even now.

His phone was switched off no matter how many times I try to call him. Then I inquired Owais Bhai, hoping that he would tell me how to contact him but instead, I was informed that Moosa is busy with some important work that is highly confidential. Therefore, he cannot contact anyone right now. I didn't argue back, nor did I believe him. But I wasn't blind to see the worried faces of everyone and the absence of Sir Sarmad and Ahad Bhai tells a whole different story.

I could see and sense the uncomfortable look on their faces whenever I talk about Moosa. Still, no one told me the truth even on asking. I was mad on everyone and took it all out only on Yawar. I yelled at him for nearly half an hour while he only silently stood looking at the ground.

Since then, he kept his distance from me and I also noticed sudden great changes in his personality. And for some reason, it irritated me more. I thought he would be with me, to support me as my friend, but he kept himself busy in gang work. This only led me to maintain the distance he was trying to keep and slowly things become this awkward that even when we are sitting side by side, we pretend to be alone.

This stubbornness has to be stopped and I think he felt the same way too. Maybe that's why he came to pick me up today, but I guess both of our stubbornness was wasting his effort. After dropping me home, he left for the base. He doesn't live with us anymore nor come to visit and the same goes with Owais Bhai.