Chapter#9

Mahnoor's POV:

Dark, the only thing I can register was darkness. I was awake yet found myself unable to open my eyes. Gradually, when all of my senses come back, I felt lying in a comfortable position, the surface beneath me was soft. Must be a bed, but..... was my bed always this soft...?

After struggling for three to four minutes, I opened my eyes and soon I realized that my surroundings are unfamiliar. Abruptly, I tried to sit up but sudden dizziness caused me to collapse back on the bed again.

I took several deep breaths to calm myself, panicking was not an option right now. I pushed myself up to sit and then, my eyes landed on my Hina designed hands. At that moment, everything flashed back in my mind. My Nikah, Kanwal's call, Moosa, and Kamil.

Ya Allah! Kamil...

My breathing fastened and I quickly got off of the bed but stopped at the very second of hearing a masculine voice.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

My head snapped towards the source of the voice and found Moosa sitting on the armchair. The whole room was dark and the only source of light was a table lamp on the floor lamp beside his chair.

"You!" I breathed out venomously.

He didn't respond, nor move an inch. He just sat there silently, staring at my direction. Frowning, I follow his gaze and I panicked when I noticed I was wearing a half sleeves, body-fitted T-shirt and trousers. I quickly sat back onto the bed and immediately cover myself with the bedspread.

I can still sense his gaze on me and I feel totally naked right now. I never wore such type of shirts not even in the presence of my father and brother. My hair was also loose and I don't even have any dupatta to cover myself with.

But... who change..?

"Who changed my dress?" I asked in a strict voice, trying to be brave as much as I could.

"Isn't it obvious?" He stated, remaining still in his position.

What???

When I understood what he meant, I sunk myself deeper in bed, tightening the bedspread around me.

"Y-you are lying." My voice barely came out and tears start to well up from my eyes.

Getting up from his chair, he walked towards me.

"Stay away from me." My body started to shiver from fear.

Without saying a word, he stood at the edge of the bed, towering over me. I tried to move to the other side of the bed but he yanked me back holding my arm.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed.

"Sssh!... Don't be afraid... I didn't change your clothes. It was Kanwal and a maid." He said and left my arm.

My body relaxed for a moment but stiffened on the next when he touched my hairs. Leaning to face me, he put his right hand on the other side, almost caging me. His eyes boring into my face and I can't find a place to move away.

"Tell me truthfully, did that guy ever touch you?"

Kamil...

My breath hitched in remembering him and my tears started to blur out my vision again.

"Tell me." He whispered.

"What if I said yes?" He gripped my hair tightly and lose it soon as if it was an involuntary action.