Chapter#14

Mahnoor's POV:

It has been five days since I was discharged from the hospital and he has been true to his words. I came back to the room where I was staying before and he also didn't try to touch me after that day but the problem is... he hardly left me alone. When I tried to argue about it, he said that our deal was to give me time, release my brother and not to touch me. He didn't mention anything about leaving me alone.

Daily, I am forced to have breakfast, lunch, tea, and dinner with him. I often thank Allah that He functions our body to sleep. At least I get rid of him in my sleep. Sometimes, I really creeped out by his presence, just like now. He has been staring at me for the last ten minutes without saying a single word. With an emotionless expression bearing on the face, he seems to observe my every movement and his eyes gave me the feeling that they are looking through my soul.

I was irritated, but the only thing I could do was to divert my mind and forgot about his existence in my room. However, it turned out harder than I have thought. At one point I was so annoyed that I was about to say something rude to him but fortunately his phone rang at the same moment. After barely saying five words he ended the call and got up to leave.

"Where is my brother?" I asked.

"At his home." He said sliding his phone into the pocket.

"What do you mean by 'his'?"

"You are not living there and you will never be, so it's not your home anymore." His words were like a stab to my heart. I bit my lip, trying to control a sudden emerging feeling of sadness.

"Can-can I talk to him?" I asked, only to receive a hard look from him.

Clenching the bedspread in my hand and gathering my courage I said, "Please...at least let me hear his voice. I want to know if he is alright."

"I can tell you that he is alright."

"I don't believe you." It came out of my mouth before I knew it and regretted the next moment when he stepped closer to my bed.

"That's very inconvenient for you. Because I am not allowing you to talk to him." He said leaning towards me.

"I won't talk to him... I promise. Just let me hear his voice."

I just want to hear him...

He stared back at me, leaving me no choice but to avert my gaze. A few moments passed in this uncomfortable situation, he kept his gaze on me and kept looking away. All of a sudden, he sighed and sat down at the edge of the bed. Taking out his phone, he dialled someone and turned on the speaker. Soon the call was picked up by a man.

"Hello, Assalam o Allaikum?"

Bhai...

"Wallaikum Assalam! Moosa speaking... your sister wanted to hear your voice. Speak loud so she can hear you."

"Mahnoor?"

I open my mouth to speak but he mentioned me to stay quiet by putting a finger on his lips. I gave him a pleading look but it was a waste.

"Mano... are you there? Answer me." His voice sounded weak.

"She is here, with me... but not allowed to talk to you."

"If you harm her Moosa I-"

"Shut it, Hammad. I would never hurt my girl." I gasped at his boldness.

"She is not yours."

"Oh, yes she is... only mine." He smirked, looking at me and hung up.

"Happy now?"