Chapter#31

Mahnoor's POV:

I silently got up, kissed Ami and Papa, and walked out of the room, muttering 'Allah Hafiz'.
Batting my eyes rapidly, I held back my tears, not wanting others to see me crying as I am already centre of attention since I walked in with Moosa.

A heavy-built guard followed me all the way to the car, where I found Moosa busy on his phone, already sitting inside. The guard opened the door next to Moosa and I settled in, mumbling 'Thank you'.

The car started and soon I felt my hand was lifted up from my lap and landed on his, with a firm grip of his hand above.

He is aware of my anger...

I can tell. I made a fail attempt to pull my hand, he was stronger. I sighed in irritation because of this man, I am starting to hate being a girl.

As the car stopped in front of the house gate, I got out first and directly rushed to the room. I couldn't hold back my tears anymore.

~*~

Moosa's POV:

She didn't wait nor look back but rushed straight into the house. I didn't follow her but my eyes do, as far as she was in sight.

"To the base three." I sighed as I turn to the driver and gave my command.

Base three was not a particularly distant place but it was in the middle of a residential area - the house in front of Noor's house. It was rumored to be haunted because of its enormous size and it was empty for a very long time. So, it eventually became our interest. We did a renovation on only the inside and underground, intentionally leaving the outer area untouched and prohibited to all the members to use the front gate.

The car stopped at the left side of the house where it was surrounded by big trees. I silently passed through the secret gate, giving instructions to the driver to return. I entered the main door of the underground area and directly walked over to the monitoring room, knowing that I'll find the one whom I've been looking for. I pushed the door and found Yawar leaning against the chair with his eyes closed.

"Yawar!"

"Hm? Oh... MB. Assalam o Allaikum."

"Wallaikum Assalam, I have work for you."

~*~

"Assalam o Alaikum Bhai." Shahina, one of our sixteen-year-old worker Salam me. Rather than a worker, she was more like a little sister for all of us, that's why I instruct them on calling me Bhai.

"Wallaikum Assalam bache (kid)... Serve the dinner, please. I am famished." I said, throwing a bar of chocolate in her direction.

"Okay!" She gave a small smile.

"Where is Mahnoor? Did she eat anything?"

"In her room. And no, she didn't eat anything."

As expected....!

"Okay! Bring the dinner to my room and make me a cup of tea in an hour, please." She nodded and left.

I walked up to the room, expecting to see sleeping, Noor. She usually sleeps after crying and wouldn't eat when she's angry. Carefully opening the door, I look to the bed and found my love's peaceful sleeping face.

How could she sleep so peacefully, making me restless...?

Crouching beside her, I carefully took off her scarf and remove it along with her dupatta.

Seriously! Why is she so reckless???

Sleeping whilst wearing dupatta and scarf was dangerous.  I got up on a door knocking sound. Shahina brought a dinner trolley in and left. Before waking up Noor, I took a speedy bath so the dinner won't get cold and change into jeans and a blue t-shirt. Giving a final glance at myself in the mirror, I came out from the bathroom.