Chapter#36

Eid Mubarak in advance :)

Mahnoor's POV:

I knocked on Moosa's home office door and after hearing 'come in', I step inside. He was busy on the phone while sitting behind his wooden desk, wearing a black suit. He tilted his head, mentioning me to sit. I carefully looked around the office, took a seat on the sofa on the other side of the office.

Moments and minutes passed by but his call didn't end and it was starting to irritate me. Under normal circumstances, I would've started yelling at the person, but the man sitting in front of me was not some person, he was Moosa Khan.

Still, he could have called that person later or tell me to go back and for some odd reason, I have a feeling that he was purposely taking a long time. I took a glance at him and found him staring at me. I bit my inner lip to stop myself from saying something. Then, I took out my phone to distract myself instead.

I barely use social media anymore, I didn't know how to answer the questions which my relatives and friends have for me, for us.

Once again, my eyes find their way to Moosa whose full concentration was on the call this time. I shook my head and start scrolling down the Instagram feed until my thumb stopped on its own at a picture - The only picture taken right after Kamil and my Nikah.

~*~

Moosa's POV:

"While we were looking at the CCTV footage, we found a lady putting something into Mahnoor Bhabi's bag when she was not looking on the day you both went to the market." One of my men reported me.

"Are you sure about it?" A deep frown formed on my face. I glance at Noor who's taking a sip of juice. She was busy with her phone.

"Should I send you the video, Moosa Bhai?"

"No. Just find out who the woman was and whom she is working for. Report me as soon as possible."

"Anything else?"

"That's it for now. Allah Hafiz." I said.

"Allah Hafiz."

I put the phone on the desk and glance at Noor, her focus was still on the phone. She was sitting completely unaware of her surroundings... unaware of my eyes on her... unaware of my intentions for her. Lost somewhere in her own world.

Her lost eyes make me wonder sometimes, how her world might be? Sweet and innocent like a fairy tale? Unlike mine, in which I have dragged her. But it wasn't my fault that I was attracted to her. I was and I am still helpless.

Moosa Khan, the leader of Black Eagles was helpless in front of his wife, who stole his heart without even trying and I couldn't do anything but to watch her behaving indifferently from every feeling I have for her.

It hits my ego very hard and in the moments like these, I have to stop myself again and again from reaching her. My hands itched to touch her, to hold her so close that she lost her own self. But I couldn't, not now at least... I really wish that I could close the conscious part of me - Which was aware that she will break if I touch her, without her consent.

But the thing is...

Mistakes are a part of being human...

~*~

Mahnoor's POV:

"Mahnoor!" I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Moosa's voice.

"Y-yes?"

"Come here for a minute." He said, leaning against his wooden desk.

When did he get there?