Chapter 6- The Bitchy Guest

I threw the whole coffee on her, I didn't care that it was hot, my temper was beyond hot. To say she was shocked was an understatement, was she really expecting me to drink that coffee? Something she spat in, she must be high on something if she thought I would do that.

" You bitch! Do you want to burn my skin?" She asked in anger as she stood up and made an attempt to grab me but I held her hand to stop her…" Don't you even dare, if you touch me, you'll have more than coffee dripping down your body, mark my words."

She groaned in pain as she turned to Markus to come save her, I totally forgot he was in the room.

" Let her go." That just made me more angry as I let go of her without her knowledge and she landed on the chair and almost toppled over. I looked at them one last time in disgust before I walked out on them

I got into my room and locked the door, I didn't want to be disturbed. They didn't even let me settle into my bed before I heard the door knob twist but the door wouldn't give way because it was locked.

" Open the fucking door before I break it down." I heard the deep voice of Markus but did not attempt to move from my spot. Not until I heard a loud sound like he was seriously trying to break the door.

I hurriedly rushed to the door, twisted the knob, and opened it. The glare I received from him sent chills down my body and for a moment I felt myself shrink in fear. He stepped into my room and I moved back in fear.

" Let's get something straight, I don't know where you got the nerves from but never disrespect my guest like that. Are we clear?" If he thought he could disrespect me and then ask me to respect his guest he got to be kidding.

" No, we're not.?" I said as I raised my chin in confidence. I didn't expect what he did next, my eyes went round in surprise as he wrapped his hands around my neck tightening it in a chokehold.

" You might not know me, woman, but one thing I hate is repeating myself."

" Nothing in the contract said I had to be respectful to your guests, I only give them respect if they deserve it and that bitch you left downstairs doesn't deserve even an ounce of my respect, sue me." That angered him more and he tightened his hold on me.

I tried to pry his hands off me but he wasn't bulging. He finally released my neck when I was finding it hard to breathe, I quickly breathed in air which resulted in a fit of coughing.

I glared at him and his expression mirrored mine before he stormed out of the room. The asshole.

When he left I collapsed on the floor as my legs felt weak, was he trying to get me killed? I might not be his wife but he brought me here to give birth to his child and I deserve that much respect.

When I had calmed down I stood up and made my way to the bathroom. My reflection looked vexed, there were red marks on my neck due to the pressure Markus put on my neck. I used my fingers to rub the sore spot but it was painful so I quickly removed my finger. What I needed was ice.

I went back into my room, picked up my phone and placed a call to my maid Rena.

" Please can you bring me an ice pack? Thank you." It didn't take up to a minute she was already knocking on my door. I walked to my door and opened it and as soon as Rena saw me she gasped.

" Ma'am, are you okay? Who did this to you? Did someone attack you? Should I call the boss?" She kept asking questions frantically as if I was going to drop dead any minute.

" Calm down Rena, it's nothing serious." I tried to calm her and it seemed that I succeeded because she became quiet but her worried gaze wouldn't leave my neck.

" Are you sure?" She asked as I turned towards my bed with her following closely behind me.

" Yes I am sure, just a little sore and my throat feels dry. Otherwise, there's nothing to worry about, I'll survive."

She nodded her head but didn't say anything.

I moved to take the ice from her but she wouldn't let me…" give it to me Rena, am not dying, I can do that myself."

But she didn't listen, instead, she placed the ice on my neck, and instantly I felt relief, I didn't even have it in me to argue again, not when I was feeling so relaxed.

She finally left after she made sure I took painkillers, she was acting like my mother, it was cute and at the same time heartwarming. As she left I took the opportunity to get some sleep, I wasn't getting enough sleep lately, and for days I've been thinking about how to keep my end of the bargain. That's why it's always good to know who you're making deals with, you might just be making deals with the devil and wouldn't even know.

I woke up and the sun was already down, I wondered just how long I had slept.

I must have been so tired that I slept the whole day. My stomach growled, an indication that I was hungry and I rose from the bed to go find something to eat hoping not to bump into Markus or his stupid guest.

I settled for fruits, I didn't feel like cooking anything or bothering anyone to make something for me. I took some apples and grapes and returned to my room.

I had just finished eating the fruit when someone knocked on my door. Rena worries too much about me.

But as I opened the door, Rena wasn't standing there, Markus was.

****

Thank you for reading🥰