Chapter 30- Buying a Property

" Hi, I found your contact online and would like to meet, I would like to see the property so we can discuss more about it," I said as I took a sip of my juice sitting down on the floor by my bed, this was becoming a habit, maybe it was all part of the pregnancy. Last night I had to fight the urge to lay on the floor, I couldn't get sick.

" Okay ma'am, please be at the location by nine o'clock, if it's okay with you, I'll meet you there."

" Okay fine, I can make it." I ended the call after we concluded.

I was suddenly filled with the urge to throw up and before I could fight it, I was running to the bathroom. I emptied my already empty stomach into the toilet. Nothing was working with the vomiting and this morning sickness was getting unbearable. How the hell do some women manage this all, and still have up to six children? They were damn strong.

I got up from where I was bent as I took a toothbrush, there was a taste in my mouth I didn't like. When I was done brushing I returned to my room.

I was hungry but wasn't feeling the need to eat today, I don't know what was wrong with me.

Markus didn't bother to come barging into my room asking why I moved here, of which I was glad. I didn't have it in me not to say something that would get me in trouble.

I got dressed and just sat on my bed just so my stomach could settle, I was feeling uneasy.

" Ma'am are you sure you don't want to eat anything? You don't look so good," Rena asked me for the hundredth time. She was acting like my personal nurse and being so cute and sweet. She's one of the sweetest things that has happened to me since coming here.

" Am fine you don't have to worry and did you just call me ma'am instead of Jane, what realm are you? come back." I said as I chuckled, this was not the first time she was forgetting that I told her it was okay to call me by my name.

" Sorry ma'... Jane." She quickly corrected herself and I couldn't help but burst into laughter. So sweet.

" I'll be leaving now. Remember you work here now. No need to go to the other place, I can't have that witch bullying you. She got away with what she didn't the last time, I don't know what I'll do to her if she tries anything funny."

" Thank you, Jane. You're so kind."  I gave her a smile before walking out of the door, I had a meeting in about thirty minutes.

I drove towards the location of the property I would soon be acquiring. This has always been my dream and I don't know what pushed me but I felt like I needed to do something. I couldn't wake up every morning doing nothing.

So when I saw this building up for sale I quickly jumped to the conclusion to buy it. It was happening. We haven't concluded on everything but I could already tell that the building would be mine.

I got to the location and parked my car outside as I glanced at the place but didn't see the lady as expected, did she cancel on me and didn't tell me? Or was I too early?

I walked to the door of the building and opened it and it gave way. Maybe she was inside.

I opened the door and got inside looking around if I would see any sign of her but there was still none.

" Hello," I called but no response came. Not until I heard a door open and a voice I recognized spoke.

" Sorry, I was just checking…" his words died in his throat when he saw me.

" Are you stalking me or something?" I asked as I raised my brow at him. Didn't I just see him like yesterday and now he was right in front of me?

" What are you doing here?" I asked him as I looked him up and down as if the answer was on his face.

" I should be asking you that."

" I came here to meet with a lady, but I don't know how you ended here so you definitely owe me an explanation." He looked at me as if he had finally put the pieces together, whatever it was.

" Oh! You're the one Lola was supposed to meet?" Lola? I think that's the agent's name.

" Yeah?" It came out like more of a question, like I wasn't even sure.

" I guess."

" You guess? Didn't you have an appointment with a house agent by nine o'clock?" A question to which I nodded my head.

" There. Lola is my sister, she was supposed to meet you but something came up and she couldn't cancel on you, so she gave me a briefing of what you discussed and told me to come here in her place." He explained.

" Okay, show me around."

" Follow me."

He showed me the entire place and I knew I didn't make a wrong decision for wanting to buy the space. It was just what I needed. The ventilation was perfect and the location was also accessible. There were a few cafes and all but I knew that opening a bakery here would be just perfect.

" So now that you have seen the whole place, what's your decision?" I had already made my decision before coming here, I think that the decision to possess this was already made from the moment I saw the picture. I just needed to physically see what I was buying.

" The spot is nice and all, but I'll still have to do some work on it, remodel the place to my style"

" So does that mean you're buying it?" Was he being serious? I just talked about remodeling the place and he is asking me if I was buying it.

" Of course I am."

" Let's sign the documents over lunch."

*******

Thank you for reading.