Chapter 110- Missing Child

I pushed him.

I have never pushed someone with so much force the way I just pushed Markus, I didn't know where the power came from.

" How dare you? What gave you the right to think you could touch me?!" I yelled in anger.

" What? Do you think you could just throw me and pick me however you want? I'm not your toy, the next time you think of ever touching me, know that you might lose an organ and I will not be held responsible." I was beyond angry and I needed to calm myself before I did something stupid.

Markus was looking at me with shock in his eyes as if he couldn't believe what just happened, did he expect me to run into his arms like a woman in heat? He's got to be kidding me.

Without sparing him another glance I ran upstairs. Did he think that just because he had the power to tell me not to see my daughter he could blackmail me and make me do whatever he wanted?

I'm a changed woman, he changed me.

I opened Alexandra's room and she was sleeping so I quietly walked to her. She had her hand in her mouth and I gently took it outside careful not to wake her.

My mind went back to what just happened between me and Markus and I couldn't help but feel my lips, it was a kiss done in anger, what if he suddenly said he wanted me away from Alexandra again? I couldn't continue like this?

I couldn't keep walking on eggshells not knowing when he'll say he wanted me to leave.

I took a deep breath as I fell on the floor taking my head in my hands. I didn't know what to think. My emotions were just a mess and I couldn't even keep track of it.

I stayed on the floor for over an hour, I only came out of my thoughts when I heard Alexandra make a sound, an indication that she was awake.

It wasn't time for her to wake up. I took her from her bed in my arms and walked to my room.

On my way to my room, I saw Markus coming up the stairs which made me quicken my steps, I didn't want to be involved in another conversation with him.

Safely inside my room I locked the door and breathed in relief then I walked with Alexandra still in my arms as I settled her on my bed and got on the bed beside her.

She was looking up at me with her eyes wide open and she didn't look like she would be sleeping anytime soon.

I wanted her to go to sleep so I could also go to sleep, I felt tired and drained. I just needed rest. About thirty minutes of my daughter and I staring at each other, she finally fell asleep.

I closed my eyes but sleep wasn't coming, I tossed and turned but nothing was happening. So I just laid in bed with my eyes closed.

I heard the door slowly open followed by footsteps. I didn't open my eyes, the footsteps sounded familiar.

I felt the bed dip as Markus covered me properly, I knew it was him even without looking. I expected that he would leave but he didn't.

" I made a mistake, you warned me but I didn't listen," What was he talking about?

" You know I was scared, I used to think I was strong enough to deal with all the hurt, I'm not good at making decisions when it comes to my heart, and in the process, I hurt you, I don't know when I'll be strong enough to tell you this but I'm sorry, sorry won't fix what I did and that's why I can't even gather the courage to say this to you in person, I had to say it while you're asleep," As he said this he chuckled before he continued.

" I hate that I have to see you with him," I knew who he was referring to.

" But each time I feel like it's my punishment for all I've done to you, so I deserve to suffer, I deserve the punishment," He sighed.

" I wish I could fix this Jane, I just wish I could turn back time and make the right decision from the day I let all this happen," He went silent for a while and I thought he wanted to leave but I was shocked by his next words.

" I love you, Jane," My heart stopped.

" I've loved you for a very long time but I wasn't convinced, I told you I'm not good with decisions of my heart. It didn't work out with Fiona but it was all for the better because it was you my heart wanted. I feel like a creep confessing my feelings to you while you're asleep," He said as I felt him rise from the bed.

" Hi little angel, I'm glad you have your mom by your side, forgive me for taking Mom away from you before, I'll make it up to you," He bent down to Alexandra and I was sure he dropped a kiss on her forehead.

I heard his retreating footsteps and as soon as I heard the door shut I opened my eyes and sat up.

What just happened?

Markus had just confessed his feelings to me thinking I was asleep.

Did he really mean all he said or was he aware that I wasn't sleeping, I was just so confused. What do I do with the information? Pretend like I didn't hear anything? What else?

I just kept repeating his words over and over again in my head but I couldn't make sense of it.

Markus loved me. No this was all a joke, don't fall for it. I've been there before.

But he didn't know I was awake. He poured out his heart to me thinking I was sleeping.

I tried going back to sleep but I couldn't, Markus had taken my sleep with him as he left the door.

Eventually, I fell asleep.

I was awoken by the blinding light from the window. I rose and stretched but I stopped mid-stretch when I realized that Alexandra wasn't by my side.

Her blanket was there but she wasn't.

She must be with her nanny or even her father.

I got up from the bed and I made my way out of the room to look for my daughter.

I saw her nanny first.

" Good morning," She wasn't carrying Alexandra.

" Where is Alexandra?" I asked her.

" I thought she slept in your room last night,"

" Yes, but this morning she wasn't by my side so I thought you took her,"

" No ma'am, what's going on? Because Mr Arthur isn't home, he left for work,"

" What do you mean?" I ran back up the stairs, maybe because I just woke up I wasn't seeing clearly, she could be in the room but my eyes were deceiving me.

But as I reached my room and opened the door, it was empty, just like before.

I quickly went to my bedside table in panic as I picked up my phone and called Markus. He wasn't picking, was he playing some type of prank on me? He finally picked up.

" Markus, where's Alexandra?"

" What are you talking about?"

" Markus, this isn't time to be joking, did you take Alexandra with you?" I asked him, my voice already cracking.

" No"