Chapter 67- Please Wake Up

Chapter 67

My heart stopped and for a moment I couldn't hear a single sound as the world grew silent. If I heard him correctly, he said Jane got involved in a fire accident, what happened to her? Is she okay? Is the baby fine?

I quickly came out of my shock and went into action. I started my car and drove out of the parking lot. I needed to be in the States as soon as possible.

I quickly dialed my secretary's number.

" Samantha get the jet ready, we're leaving immediately," I said as soon as she picked up, I didn't give her time to respond as I ended the call to focus on my driving.

My bags were already packed so I just asked to have them brought from my room and then I was heading for the airport. With how fast I was driving it was a surprise the Dubai authorities weren't already hot on my tail.

When I got to the airport my secretary was already waiting for me, and without wasting any more time we entered into my private jet getting ready to take off.

In all the times I have flown I don't think I have ever been as impatient as this, I just wanted to see her, and I don't think I've been worried over anybody like how worried I was for Jane.

It was going to take me hours to get to America and that didn't sit well with me. I didn't have a choice, not like I had superpowers to disappear wherever I wanted.

So I painfully sat there watching as the time ticked while I just sat in worry waiting for when we got to our destination.

When we got to the States I drove straight to the hospital, it was already night here but I didn't care, I had to see Jane and make sure she was okay.

" I'm here to see Jane Williams, where is her room," I was talking to the receptionist when someone called me and I turned to see one of the doctors.

" Mr Arthur, good thing you're here, follow me," he said and he didn't need to tell me twice, I started following him and he led me to where Jane was.

When I got to the room I was saddened by what I saw. Jane had an oxygen mask on and I could tell she was finding it hard to breathe.

" She was lucky and didn't get any serious burn but because she inhaled too much smoke, we had to give her oxygen as she was finding it hard to breathe, but now the problem we have is that we're worried that this all might affect the baby, which is why we pray she wakes up quickly." The doctor said with his eyes on Jane

" Do whatever it takes to make sure she's okay, I don't want anything to happen to her or the child,"

"' I'll do my best Sir," the doctor said before leaving the room, leaving me alone with Jane.

For a moment I just stood at my spot and stared at her, things could have been worse if she hadn't been saved on time. I just wanted her to wake up on time, I was so worried I couldn't even describe how I felt.

I took a deep breath and I moved to sit on the chair beside Jane. Why does she always fall into this type of situation and just now when everything is beginning to get better for us?

" Wake up please, I need you to wake up," I said hoping that somehow she'll hear me
and I took hold of her hand and rubbed my thumb in a circular motion on her.

I refused to leave her side even when my stomach growled in hunger, I didn't want to miss when she woke up.

A knock suddenly came on the door and I told whoever was there to come in. It was Rena if I could remember clearly she's Jane's closet maid.

" Hello Sir," she greeted as she stood by the door and refused to come in further.

" I don't mean to bother you sir but I think you should go home and freshen up, get something to eat, I'll stay here with her." She said in a meek voice.

I didn't want to but she was right, I just came here straight from the airport, I thought for a moment before concluding.

" Okay, I'll be gone only for a short while, I need to take care of something important," I said to her as I stood up from the chair while she moved away from the door where she was standing.

" Make sure you don't leave her side," I said to her before I opened the door and left. If Jane trusted her I had to.

I took the car and drove to the house, there was something I needed to find out, how did the fire come about? There's no smoke without fire.

As soon as I parked my car in front of my house I asked the Head of staff to assemble all the staff.

Soon enough they were all assembled and with the look on their faces they knew something was wrong.

" I'm guessing you all know why I've called you here," I said to them as I took a seat.

" As you all know, there was a fire and it didn't seem to me like this was just a mere accident, Jane's room doesn't have anything that could have possibly resulted in a fire, I need an explanation," I said without any emotion in my face, I didn't come here to smile with anyone.

They all remained quiet and looked at each other as if they were waiting for someone to speak first.

" I don't have all day,"

" Sir, I'm sorry we let this happen but from what we've found, the fire wasn't just a mere accident, it was orchestrated," he said as he came forward with a laptop in his hand then he turned the laptop to me.

I looked at the screen and noticed someone sneaking up the stairs, it was dark and the face of the person was hidden behind a hoodie. the person moved to Jane's room and creaked the door open then the person came out having completely his or her mission.

Whoever this person was is someone from this house, and I must get to the end of this. I turned to laptop away from me as I clenched my fist in anger.

" Do whatever you can to uncover who that person is and I want it done fast,"

Nobody harms anyone I care about and goes free.