Chapter 100- I Was Forced To

Everything happened so fast as I quickly but gently placed Alexandra back in her bed and then I went back to my hiding place.

I was sure her nanny came back to check up on her.

" Is my little princess asleep?" Markus.

Please all the angels in heaven don't let this man see me here.

" Oh look who it is, my little angel, you look exceptionally happy today, what happened?" He asked as he carried her into his arms and I just watched them hoping that I wouldn't be caught.

" So did you miss Daddy today?" He asked her as he took her out of the room, where was he taking her?

I had to wait here, I didn't know if he was taking her to his room, I couldn't risk getting caught.

I heard the door open again and I thought they were at the back but I heard Rena call my name.

" Jane, Jane," She whispered and I came out from where I was hiding.

" I was trying to call you to warn you that Markus was coming,"

" I'm sorry, I just got carried away when I saw my daughter, that was reckless,"

" I'm glad he didn't see you, he always takes her to his office whenever he comes from work and they have like a father-daughter bonding time before he brings her back to her room, so you'll have to wait here until he brings her back, and please keep your eyes on your phone so you know when I'm calling or anything."

" Alright," Jane left the room and I returned to where I was hiding.

About an hour later Alexandra's nanny brought her back to her room and then she bid my daughter good night and left.

When I was sure nobody was going to come back I came out of hiding and went to Alexandra's bed. She was fast asleep and I just stared at her, I could stare at her and I wouldn't be tired. She meant so much to me.

But I knew that it was time to leave because as much as I wanted to stay here with her. I didn't know what her father would do if he found me here, I couldn't put Rena in trouble.

So I kissed her on the head as I stood, I looked at her one last time, I took a deep breath, and then left the room.

The lights were turned off and I've lived here before so I know my way around. I quietly walked down the stairs, careful not to make a sound.

When I got outside the house, Rena was waiting for me.

" Thank you so much Rena for this, I can't thank you enough,"

" I would help you anytime, but you need to stay for a while and make sure everyone is asleep before going, We wouldn't want anyone to notice you,"

" I agree with you,"

I followed Rena to her room and thankfully no one was out.

About an hour later I came out of Rena's room and the whole place was quiet, as quietly as I could I came out of the servant's quarters, there was no one in sight.

"I think you should stay the night because it would be very hard to pass the gate by this time of the night but tomorrow I can drive you out very early,"

" But Hardin is waiting outside for me, what am I going to do?" I did not want Hardin to stay there waiting for me all night, I had to call him.

" Just tell him to leave you'll be back tomorrow, it's for everyone's good,"

" Okay," I said as I returned to her room.

I couldn't believe that the same house I used to walk around so freely I now had to hide to get in.

I got up as early as I could the next morning and Rena drove us out of the mansion, luckily no one noticed anything.

" Thank you so much for this Rena, I couldn't have done this without you," I said as I got out of the car.

" You're welcome," She said before driving off.

" You seem better," Hardin said as soon as I walked through the door.

" I can't say I feel better but I can manage," I said as I sat down with a sigh.

" Seeing my child made me realize one thing, I would stop at nothing until I have her back, even if is the last thing I do,"

" Now that is more like what someone who is willing to fight would do, take care of yourself and then fight," Hardin said with a smile.

" Well I made breakfast and I know you're hungry,"

" I'm famished,"

*******

" I want you to get everything ready for Alexandra, we'll be leaving by Friday," I said to the nanny without taking my eyes off my screen, we have to travel by Friday.

I have decided to go on a vacation with Alexandra to see her grandfather.

But first I needed to finish up all my work before leaving.

" Okay Sir, I'll do just as you have seen,"

" You can leave," I said to her and I heard the door close. My mind was still focused on my work but then the door opened again.

" Martha, didn't I tell you to leave, what else do you want?"

" Martha?" My head shut up so fast I was surprised it didn't fall off.

" What the fuck are you doing here? How the hell did you even get in?"

" The door,"

" Now don't be a bitch,"

" But you asked me a question,"

" I've told you before and I'm going to say it again, I'm not interested in having any kind of conversation with you, so get out,"

" Why wouldn't you give me a chance to explain myself, why won't you," She said as tears started welling in her eyes, like she expected me to fall for that.

" Did you think I stopped loving you all these years? Did you think you were so easy for me to forget? We shared so many memories, and never did I stop thinking about you, I've been trying to come back to you but I just didn't know how to face you, I was ashamed, I still love you, Markus,"

" You spoke, I listened, now get out, don't let me repeat myself,"

" You can't do this to us, Markus,"

" There is no us, stop saying that,"

" But I love you!!"

" If you loved me then why the fuck did you leave me?!!" I screamed in annoyance.

" Because I was forced to!!"