Chapter 64- Meeting Fiona

I just accepted to be friends with Markus, I really didn't know what I was getting myself into. How did I know Markus wasn't going to use this against me? It was just so confusing. As the call ended I decided to go to the movie room, I hadn't gone there for a long time, and being in that room helped me forget.

I took popcorn and went out of my room to the movie room and decided to have a rerun of the Shannara Chronicles. I've seen this movie several times but I never get tired of watching it.

I was still having a good time when the door to the room suddenly burst open and Markus' girlfriend entered. Her boyfriend wasn't here, what was she still doing here?

" Well I thought a bitchy pregnant woman like you might need company," She said as she took a seat beside me and I just ignored her as I still had my eyes fixed on the television.

" Are you going to be like this?"

" What exactly do you want?" I asked as I turned to her.

" I did you the honor of coming to sit here with you and you just ignore me,"

" Well sorry, Your Majesty I didn't ask you to come sit with me,"

" You know you really have an attitude, maybe it's your pregnancy but you're overdoing it." She said as she took the popcorn I was munching on.

" Hey gimme that," I said as I tried to reach for the popcorn but she stood up and ran out of the room with my popcorn.

" That is definitely not the way to treat a pregnant woman it is a crime!" I yelled.

" Well if the pregnant woman is being bitchy, I'm not guilty." She said before the door came closed and I fumed in anger.

To calm my anger I asked a maid to bring me peanut butter. Sofia should stop acting like we were friends, she was dating the father of my child and I knew women were very protective of their men, not to mention I warned her to stay away from Rena, her supposed stepsister.

Girls didn't like to share.

I woke up the next morning feeling happier than ever, I didn't know the reason for my happiness but I felt different. I got dressed in one of my maternity gowns and came downstairs for breakfast. After breakfast, I told the driver to drive me to the nearest ice cream shop. It was quite early but I woke up with a strong craving for ice cream and not the Ice cream in the fridge. It was funny.

The driver stopped in front of the shop and I quickly got out of the car and headed into the shop, I don't know why everyone was looking at me, I didn't care I was a woman with a mission.

" Good morning, I would like a mixture of vanilla, chocolate, and banana, " I said to be guy behind the counter before he even had the chance to ask me what I wanted.

" As you wish ma'am," he said as he got to work and I just watched him with my mouth silivating.

As soon as he handed me the ice cream I turned but unfortunately bumped into someone and the whole thing fell to the ground. I felt like crying.

" Oh my god I'm so sorry," the lady I bumped into said, sounding so apologetic.

It took me patience to wait for this ice cream and now it was laying on the floor.

" Let me apologize, I'll just get you another one." She said as she quickly moved to the counter maybe to get me my ice cream.

" Here, I'll hold it till we get somewhere to sit so we don't have to worry about bumping into someone," she said as she held the Ice cream while we walked to get a seat.

I started enjoying my ice cream as soon as it was kept on the table and I sat down.

" How does it feel to be pregnant?" The lady asked as she took a sit in front of me.

My mouth was busy so I pointed to it. I didn't mind that she was looking at me, I knew I was giving everyone here a show.

When I had finished my ice cream I finally got the chance to look at the lady, she was pretty and she had a big smile on her face.

" Sorry I was a little busy, pregnant has a mind of its own, it's like the baby just starts kicking you and is like mummy, mummy, I want this, I want that, and you just go like the obedient student, it can be funny," I said with a smile but my smile disappeared when I saw the lady in front of me start to tear up.

"  Are you okay? Why are you crying?" I asked her.

" It must be fun," she said and I looked at her in confusion.

" What do you mean?" I asked as I handed her the handkerchief I had with me.

" Thanks," she said as she wiped her tears.

" Sorry, I'm just meeting you for the first time and you must think I'm pathetic but I've always wanted a child, we've been trying for five years now but we haven't been successful," she said as more tears rolled down her eyes.

" It's okay, I don't know how to console you but I'm just going to tell you to cheer up and keep trying," I said as I took her hand and gave her a squeeze. And she just smiled at me.

" So sorry for just coming unto you like that, I'm really sorry,"

" Come on, we didn't meet by accident, maybe you just needed reassurance from a pregnant woman," she chuckled as her eyes brightened the dark cloud that was there disappearing.

" I'm Jane,"

" Nice to meet you, Jane, I'm Fiona," The atmosphere suddenly changed just because of that name. Markus had mentioned the name Fiona several times, I turned to the lady with a forced smile, it wasn't her fault she was named Fiona, for all I knew she wasn't Markus Fiona.

" Are you okay?" She asked, I think she must have noticed the change too.

" Yeah, it's nothing,"

But things didn't change, not even after we left, something just kept hanging over my head and it didn't sit well with me.