Chapter 102- Fighting For Her Daughter

" What do you mean by you've found the solution?" Hardin asked as he stood up and made his way around the table, then he took the paper I was looking at. He looked at the front then turned the back.

" I don't see what you're talking about," Hardin said, sounding confused.

Life could be funny sometimes, you could find answers in the most unexpected places, who knew I was going to find answers looking at just sheets concerning strawberries?

" As far as the contract I signed was a consent form, if I could remember clearly, it also stated that if I decided to break the contract there would be an amount to pay, I know the amount might be huge, but I don't care how I get it, I have to get my daughter, I have hope Hardin, I can get my daughter back," I said like I couldn't believe it and then I slowly sat down on my chair.

" Are you sure about this Jane?  wouldn't want to crush your hope if this doesn't work,"

" I'm sure, I'll go through the contract, I just don't know the exact amount to pay but I know Markus isn't a cheat man, whatever price he must have put in there would be something someone would worked years trying to pay, I hope it doesn't come to that, the sooner I have my daughter, the better."

" If you say so, just let me know in any way I can help you, I'll gladly do that,"

" Thank you, Hardin, thank you,"

For a new bakery I was surprised with the kind of sales we made, all thanks to God and Hardin, he was the reason so many people got to know about the opening of our new bakery.

When I returned home from work the first thing I did was to go to my room to search for the contract document. I needed to know how much Markus wanted me to pay for the breach of contract.

I searched through my bag. I was yet to bring some of my things out, I was staying here with Hardin for a while, and I didn't see the need to unpack all my things.

I found the document safely kept in an envelope. I took the document then I sat on the bed to carefully read through it once again. I finally saw what I was looking for.

" If there ever arise a situation where the person named on this document default or breach contract, the defaulters is expected to pay the sum of sixty million dollars,"

What?!! I knew it would be a lot of money but I didn't expect this.

That was a lot of money, where do I get that from? I thought my problem was solved, what do I do now?

How do I raise such money?

I was still trying to process what I had just read from the contract when my phone started ringing, seriously now was not the time for anyone to call me.

But I grudgingly picked up the call without checking the caller.

I just put the phone on my ear without saying anything.

" Jane, are you there?" I heard Rena's voice come through the phone and my heart skipped in my chest, if she was calling me it must be concerning my daughter.

" Is Alexandra okay? Is my baby girl fine,?" I asked Rena in a hurry already standing up, where I was heading I didn't know.

" Calm down, nothing is wrong, but know that you're not going to like what I'm about to say," Was that expected to make me feel better?

" What's wrong Rena?" I asked trying my best to calm down.

" I'm not expected to say this to you but I don't care, I might get into trouble but you deserve to know this,"

" Know what? Rena stop beating around, what are you driving at?"

" The thing is, Mr Arthur wants to take Alexandra out of the country, for some kind of vacation I think to see his dad,"

As she said that I was sure the world became silent for a minute or two, if I got her correctly, he was taking Alexandra away.

What if he decides he didn't want to come back or what if he came back after so many years with a woman my daughter calls mom? The thought of that made me feel faint that I had to hold something to prevent myself from falling.

I couldn't let him take her, they couldn't go. I refuse to sit here and let that happen.

" Thank you for your help Rena, thank you for letting me know," As soon as I ended the call I just slowly sat on the ground.

He can't do that to me, taking my daughter away from me wasn't enough for him, he wants to take her to a different country.

I had to do something.

I got up from the floor and made my way to the door but just as I touched the doorknob the door pushed open almost making me fall on my ass.

" Jane, I'm sorry," Hardin said as he rushed to where I tried to steady myself.

" It's okay, it's a good thing I didn't hit the floor,"

" Where are you going in such a hurry?"

" I want to meet Markus, he's trying to take Alexandra away, I don't know, I just want to be sure, I was told they're traveling out of the country, my fear is that they won't come back," I felt my inside shake at the thought.

" Do you know where he's taking her?"

" I don't want to know, I just don't want him to take her away,"

" So what do you plan to do?" Hardin asked as I began to pace.

" I don't know, and I just checked the contract, he wants me to pay sixty million dollars, and I don't even know what to do, I have to do something,"

" If that's the case we'll have to take this to court because I have a feeling Markus wouldn't back down easily, this would be a tough fight but we would give it our best shot, you'll soon have your daughter with you again," Hardin said as he walked to me taking my hand that was shaking.

" It's alright, as for the money, let's start with that, how about I lend you the money then when you have your daughter back, and everything has been settled, you can pay me back,"

" You'll do that for me?" I looked at Hardin in surprise.

" That and more, let's go fight for your daughter,"