Chapter 15- The Surprise

He didn't have to remind me that I was carrying a child, that I was at high risk of not being able to watch, crawl, or read bedtime stories to him or her. If my plan of making Markus fall for me fails I knew I was doomed. I was going to lose this child forever.

People were looking at us with eyes full of admiration. Of course, to the world, we looked like the happy couples expecting a baby, only if they knew.

We had gotten so many items I lost count. Everything cost a fortune. Did Markus think that any of these meant anything to the child without the love from both parents?

I was getting tired of moving around with them. I didn't even have a yet but I was feeling so lazy.

Markus didn't want anything that wasn't the best.

" Markus, I'm tired. I'll just sit here." I said as I took the next available seat. Markus turned and quickly rushed to me.

" Are you okay? Do you feel pain anywhere?" He asked me and I shook my head telling him I was just tired.

" Aren't they cute?" Two elderly ladies gushed over us and I smiled at them as they kept talking about us while they shopped for what they wanted. For their grandkids I guess.

" That'll be all, if there's any other thing we'll come get them," Markus said to the manager who had been taking us around. He took my hand and helped me up. We paid for the items we got as they were being carried to the car.

Markus opened the car for me and I got in while he turned to the driver's side. We drove heading towards home but stopped at a restaurant to get something to eat. Thank God. I was so hungry but didn't know how to say it to him.

We had lobster and it tasted so good I couldn't help but moan. I quickly realized what I had just done and wished that the ground would just swallow me.

" Sorry," I said, hoping that I had not embarrassed him. He didn't respond, he just watched me and that made me even more embarrassed.

I became conscious of how I ate, making sure not to be too loud and take large bites. Eventually, I lost my appetite.

" You have to eat." Yeah, now he was telling me I had to eat when he wouldn't let me eat in peace.

" Am full, I can't take anymore," I said as I pushed the plate away from me.

We paid for the food and left the restaurant.

As soon as we parked the car in front of the house I pushed the car and rushed out heading into the house I entered the first room I saw heading for the bathroom. I found the toilet just in time as I emptied everything in my stomach into the toilet bowl.

" Gross." I groaned as I looked at the mess I made.

" Jane!" I heard Markus call but I didn't have the energy to respond. I just shakily stood up as I flushed the toilet, washed my mouth, dragged myself to the bed, and threw myself on it. My eyes were heavy and I quickly welcomed the sleep that called me into its embrace.

I woke up with a groan and hunger. What was this? Yes, I was pregnant but why was I getting so hungry, I wasn't even showing yet.

" You're awake?" I turned at the voice and was surprised to see Markus holding a plate as he climbed on the bed setting it in front of me. As soon as the scent of the food hit my nose I felt my throat close up like I was gonna puke so I turned my face the other way.

" Please take that away," I said with my hand covering my mouth.

If Markus was angered by my behavior he didn't show it. Instead, he called a maid to come take the plate away making sure she marked the food off the meals that would be served to me in the future.

"The doctor said it's normal for you to have these reactions, especially in the morning, you'll have morning sickness and all so it's good that you take enough rest okay?" Markus said as I nodded my head. The maid brought something different and this time it didn't make me want to throw up.

I dug into the food not caring if Markus was still in the room. He must be wondering what type of pig I was but right now I didn't care.

When I had finished eating they took the plate away as Markus left me to rest.

I woke up some minutes later and I felt refreshed. I went down to the house and asked for Markus but was told he had gone to work.

" Please can you send for Rena?" I asked one of the maids and she nodded her head leaving to go carry out the order I gave.

" Ma'am, you sent for me," Rena said as she stood beside me where I sat.

" I need you to help me with baking. I saw these cute biscuits and wanted to try them." She couldn't argue with me on this because she didn't even know what type of biscuits I was talking about, all she had to do was to help me.

" Okay, ma'am."

We made our way to the kitchen and the other maids gave way so we could do what we wanted. I didn't want to look like I was stopping them from doing what they wanted so I told them to do what they wanted without minding me.  I didn't want to distract them.

We got everything we needed for the biscuits and started mixing.

The biscuits smelt delicious.

" Markus!" I heard someone yell from the sitting room and I turned to see a lady holding a paper. She looked like she would pull the whole house down if it meant that she would find Markus.

" He isn't home," I said to her as I walked to her. She looked me up and down like I wasn't worthy of talking to her. Where does Markus find all these women?

" And who are you?" She asked with spite.

" Not like I care about your name. Where is Markus? I need to show him this. We're going to become parents. Am so happy."

Her words made me go still.

My eyes moved to the papers she held.

Does that mean she was also pregnant with his child?