Chapter 78- Who Could It Be?

" Are you being serious right now?" You want to blame me, why would I want to kill Preggy?" She asked fuming in anger.

" You just said you wished she was dead," I reminded her.

" That was because I was angry you fucker!!" She yelled.

" And your anger at me breaking up with you could have made you want to kill Jane."

" I thought you were smart but you sound so dumb,"

" Watch it, woman,"

" Can you both just calm down," the inspector said, looking between Sofia and me.

" What is your name?" The inspector says as he turns to the maid who is cowering at the corner.

" Grace," She stuttered trying her best to hide her fear but nothing was working, she was already on the spot.

" Where were you at the time of the fire?" He repeated the question he had asked several times.

" I was in the laundry room, I mean the kitchen,..." She said as she twisted her fingers so no one could tell she was nervous.

" The laundry room or the kitchen?" The detective asked.

" The laundry room,"

" What time would that be if I might ask?" The detective asked as he started to circle her, her fear increased and my anger also doubled.

" I can't remember what time it was," She said as her eyes followed the detective's every movement.

" So why did you decide to be at the laundry room at that time, what did you want to wash that was so important that you couldn't wait till the next day?"

" I was busy during the day and I didn't have enough time to do the laundry, so I had to do it late,"

" Okay, if you say so, let's play the video," the detective said and pressed play as he looked intensely at the screen," Then he turned to the maid.

" Can you turn, I want to see what you look like looking at you from behind," The detective said and the maid looked around as if she was looking for a way to fly out of the room, she just reluctantly turned around showing her back.

The inspector took the laptop as if he were comparing something.

" Is there something you're not telling us, Grace? Speak now because if we find it ourselves you'll have a lot to pay for, all evidence is pointing to you, so I'm going to ask you for the last time. Is there something you want to tell us?"

" There's nothing,g Sir, " She said as tears began to flow from her eyes, this wasn't going to save her.

" You leave us no choice," the detective took out his phone and was about to make a call but the maid's voice stopped him.

" I didn't want to, I swear I didn't, but I was forced to," She said as she started to sob.

" What do you mean?" The inspector asked and as an answer, she just shook her head refusing to say anything else.

" What the fuck do you mean? Speak!! " I said in anger as I rose from the chair I was seated.

" Mr Arthur, you have to calm down,"

" Grace, if you say the truth, you'll be saving yourself from more trouble, so it's best you speak now,"

" I met a woman, she had her face covered, and I swear I didn't want to, I don't know how she knew I worked here, but she made me make a deal with her, she blackmailed me, I had a private video of me that she promised to expose to the world, I don't know how she got hold of them, please I'm sorry," was she expecting me to actually forgive her?

" Mr Arthur, we'll have to take her to the station, there's more to the story,"

The inspector ushered a sobbing Grace or whatever the fuck her name was out of the room, it was taking everything in me not to
take a hold of that maid and return her favor.

I turned to Jane who had been seated quietly beside me looking lost. She seemed to be in shock.

" Jane, let's get you into the room, you need rest, " I said as I held my hand out for her and she quietly took it standing up.

" Are you okay?" I asked her and she just nodded.

We got to the room and I helped her sit on the bed.

" Who do you think could want me dead? She was sent, she claimed she doesn't even know who it was then how are we going to get a hold of the real mastermind?" She said her voice holding so much fear that I wished I could take away that fear from her.

" We're going to find out whoever it is, I promise you that, I just want you to be okay, I hate it when you're worried, please honey, just rest everything is going to be okay." She lay on the bed while I sat beside her running my hand through her hair hoping it would calm her down.

Who could it be? Who?

*************

I felt scared, there was someone out there who was desperately out for my head. I didn't even want to be out of this room, I felt like someone was watching me.

" Jane, are you awake?" I closed my eyes, turning my back from the door, I didn't want anyone to bother me, I needed to think.

" Oh, she's sleeping," Rena whispered as she turned away from the room and quietly closed the door. I felt like I couldn't trust anybody, this situation was beginning to make me doubt my relationship with people, I was being cautious, it could be anybody, my mind kept telling me, which meant I had to be alert.

I needed to find out who wanted me dead for the sake of my child.

My head was aching because of overthinking and I tried to force myself to sleep but sleep was far from me. I need to get busy or else I'll have my head flaming before the end of the day.

I got up from the bed and picked up my phone, I needed to call someone, if there was anyone to give me an answer it was him and I'd been holding back from meeting him for so long, it was time I faced him.

" Let's meet,"