Chapter 42- At Gun Point

I knew I didn't have any ear issues and the voice I heard actually belonged to my father. He called my name.

I quickly picked up the phone from the floor hoping the caller was still on.

" Hello?" My heart was beating hoping that I had heard correctly, but instead, I heard the voice of a woman.

" Who are you?" Came her voice.

My heart fell, I knew what I heard and I was sure it belonged to him.

" You called me," I said to the woman because I was surprised she was asking who I was when they called me.

" Oh must have been a wrong number, I'm very sorry." Before I could ask more questions the line went dead. Leaving me more confused than ever. A wrong number? I wasn't hallucinating when I heard my father's voice, or does pregnancy make you hear things?

I slowly sat on my bed like I didn't have any more bones in my body, my legs were suddenly so weak.

That was my dad, nobody could convince me otherwise. But why did that woman suddenly start speaking? Was she the reason he left my mom? He chose someone else over us.

Without thinking I got up in anger and threw all the pillows off my bed, then I moved to my vanity mirror and emptied everything on the floor.

I was about to punch my reflection in the mirror when someone stopped me. The hand was warm and strong, so I just turned to the person and hugged him as much as my little bump could let me.

I didn't care about his sins or what he just said about me, right now, I just needed consoling, he was one of the reasons I was crying but I was still finding solace in his embrace.

" What were you thinking? You were going to hurt yourself just now." He said in a voice filled with so much concern that for a moment I thought he might even for just this moment be concerned about me, but yet again I knew the only thing he cared about was his child.

If he was expecting a response well I'm sorry but I don't have it in me to say anything, I was too emotional to speak.

Maybe it's because I'm not loveable that's why he left, because no man who loves his child would ever do what he did, and maybe that's why Markus was treating me the way he did.  He didn't see me as someone worth loving.

I wanted to free myself from his embrace but he didn't let me. Why was he doing this? We both knew this was all because of my pregnancy so he should stop making it look like he cared about me.

I tried again and this time he left me. I turned away from him as I made my way to the bed. Now my anger had subsided and I was looking at the mess I made. I would just clean that tomorrow.

I bent down to pick up the pillows I angrily threw but a pain in my stomach made me stand straight going to my bed for rescue. Markus was by my side like the speed of light but I didn't care about him. It was all an act.

" You have to be careful, I don't hire servants for you to come do their jobs." He said with a hint of irritation. The last time I checked he was always irritated.

I pushed away from him as I climbed the bed and laid down and slowly drew the bed covers covering myself up to my head.

" What is the meaning of this?" I heard Markus ask but didn't give him any answer, he should get the hell out of my room, if possible he should get out of my life.

" Jane, look at me." Like hell yeah I would do that, he should just leave, I need sleep to calm my head down, everything right now seems like my head would explode. Markus didn't need to make everything worse than he already had.

The room became quiet and I assumed that he must have quietly left, but just as that thought came, the bed dipped. What the hell does he think he is doing?

He was getting into the bed with me, for what reason?

" I have told you that when I speak to you I expect an answer." He said before ripping the sheets from my face. I refused to look at him as I had my eyes tightly shut. I wasn't going to look at the face of an awful person like him.

" Jane." He tried once again but I didn't give in.

" Please just leave me alone, if not for anything for the child, I need rest, that is the reason you do everything after all," I said without opening my eyes and turned my back to him.

" You are correct, everything I do is for my child, that is why I'm going to sleep here tonight so you don't do anything reckless." Me, reckless? did he know how it felt to be me? Unlovable.

I didn't bother to continue having any conversation with him any longer, I was already feeling sleepy.

Somehow I managed to sleep but woke up to find Markus still sleeping by my side. He looked so peaceful with his lashes fanning his cheek and there were no stress lines on his face, different from how he looked when he was awake.

I crawled out of the bed because I didn't want to wake him, I couldn't deal with him again. I walked into the bathroom to do my business, after which I washed my hands and stared at my reflection in the mirror, I had just woken up from sleep but there was no difference between someone who walked all night and me.

A sound came from inside the room and drew my attention, it must be Markus, he must have noticed that I had gotten out of bed.

I opened the door and entered the room, instead of seeing just Markus, someone else was there with him.

" What the hell are you doing here?"