Chapter 84- Marry Me

Jane had never been to my office so I was beyond shocked to see her right in front of me.

" Jane, what are you doing here?" I asked as I moved away from Fiona and walked towards her.

" I was around the area and thought I should stop by, good thing the receptionist let me in, what is she doing here?" Jane asked me as she looked to where Fiona was standing.

I didn't even know how to start explaining to her.

" Oh, didn't he tell you we were together yesterday?" Fiona asked and I felt like snapping her neck. I didn't care that we shared something but right now she was overstepping her boundaries.

" He did, told me how desperate for his attention you were," I was shocked, I didn't remember telling her anything, Fiona also seemed shocked, she didn't expect that I was going to tell Jane. Not like I did tell Jane anything.

" So I'm going to say this one last time, stay away from him, unlike you who didn't care about him I love him and our unborn child," I felt like I was just being delivered different types of shocks today or perhaps it was my ears deceiving me.

She might have said it in anger towards Fiona but I was sure I heard Jane just now saying she loved me.

" I'm not going to beg you, so I'm going to say this, get your stupid self out of this office and the next time I see you anywhere my man, I won't be this nice to you,..." My man? Somebody pinch me.

…" I don't want you anywhere near my house or anything related to me because I'll be forced to report you to the police, I can get mad and my pregnancy is my booster, you are nothing but his was, I and this child is his future and I wouldn't show any mercy to anyone who tried to get in the way," Jane was so pissed and I was sure I had never seen her this angry before.

" I'm not going anywhere," Fiona stubbornly said, refusing to move from where she stood.

" Are you deaf or your stupidity has taken over your senses,"

" Jane calm down," I tried to tell her but she raised her hand at me, shutting me instantly.

" I'm going to be doing the talking, you've been so gentle with her and she has taken it for granted, I'm already angry Fiona, don't make it worse,"

" You act like you're so special to him, but what are you to him? Did you forget the reason why you're in his life? You're just a baby carrier!" I clenched my fist in anger, Fiona had crossed the line.

" Get the fuck out!! " As I said that, I was already walking to her, I grabbed her by the arm and dragged her to the door.

" Markus this is crazy, you can't choose her over me, we share something she can never give you," She said trying to free her hand but I wasn't having it.

" Let me correct something, you are my past and you should stay there, whatever we had was a mistake," I said as I threw her out of the office and shut the door. She immediately started to bang on the door so I called security.

I hate that things have to come to this for us but this was all her fault and if it has to happen again as long as it gave me the opportunity to meet Jane I was going to take it.

I turned to Jane who looked anything but pleased. I didn't even know how to start explaining to her. I now understood why she was acting strangely last night. It was because of me, that she knew I was with Fiona.

" I can explain," I tried to say but the look on Jane's face told me it wasn't the time for any explanation. But I had to try.

" I know I should have told you what happened, but I didn't know how to, how would I explain to you that I left you to go check on my Ex, she was messing with me, cooked up this suicide story, and sent to me and I did what anyone would do, I fell into her trap," I said, I wanted to pull her close and feel that warm skin against mine but I felt like a lion treading on the land of a cobra that could strike any moment.

" You might not believe me but I don't want anything to do with her, it's you I want," Seeing that her face had calmed a little, I took her hand in mine as she just watched me like a cautious hawk.

" What am I to you?" She suddenly asked.

" Am I just a baby carrier to you?" She asked as her voice cracked like she was about to cry, where was this coming from?

I swear if I see Fiona anywhere fucking near me or Jane, I'll kill her, the woman was messing with my family.

" Is this because of what she said?" I asked as I led her to the couch and made her seat while I squatted in front of her, she had her head down refusing to look at me.

" Jane, I know our relationship didn't start well but I've told you before and I'm going to say it again, I want to be the best man for you, I want to be the father of our child, I want to take care of you, so don't let what anyone say get to you or make you think others wise." If she wanted to know what she meant to me I would show her just what she meant to me, right now she and the child were my life and I would do everything I could to protect them.

" I just don't know why she is suddenly back, it like I can't breathe knowing she's in this town, I feel like she's going to be everywhere I turn, I feel like I'll lose you, it scares me," No woman had ever made me feel the way Jane does, it was like if she wasn't close to me I couldn't breathe, I've just been in denial and I needed to fix myself and I'll do that now.

" Marry me,"