Chapter 37- The Perfect Trap

After sending a message to the hiring department to put up those incompetent idiot jobs for advertisement, I left my office.   I couldn't be paying them so much for them to give me anything short of the best.

My car was already waiting for me in front of my company. I had sent a message to have it waiting for me in front of the company before I came out.

I got into my car and drove home. It was either that more of my staff would get fired because if they didn't have good news when I returned home, hell was going to break loose. It was a promise I made to them before leaving and I intended to keep it.

As soon as I parked my car in front of my mansion I got out and headed inside, my security team was already waiting for me but who I expected to see them with wasn't.

" I assume you don't have anything good to tell me?" I said as I glared at all of them with fire in my eyes.

" Do I pay you all to be incompetent and useless? Someone goes missing in this house, there's no trace of her going out and you say you can't find her?" How the hell did I even hire these idiots? This meant they couldn't even protect me then why were they here? They were shaking like cowards.

" Sir we've looked through the CCTV footage and there's no sign of her leaving the property, the last time she was seen was when she was in her room, and then after that, there was a power breakage. That was the last time a footage of her was seen." Am I supposed to applaud his findings? How did any of that help me?

I had checked the movie room, she was always there, but I didn't find her there. If I found that woman, she would pay for putting me through all this stress.

" Get the fuck out of my face!" I roared in anger as they all scurried away running for their lives.

I hurried upstairs into my room and I went into my closet. I don't know what I was looking for but I was hoping to find a clue of where she must be hiding. She hadn't left my property that I was sure of.

One of my ties was on the floor, did I just have incompetent staff? Wasn't a maid supposed to…wait? A maid? I knew just who would help me bring Jane out from wherever she was hiding.

I couldn't help but smirk in satisfaction.

******

" He sent for me," Rena said as she paced around in panic.

" What do I do? I can't tell him I know where you are, I can't."  She said looking at me with the eyes of a protective younger sister, the sister I never had.

" I just have to go, I have caused you enough trouble, I wouldn't want you to lose your job, Markus isn't going to kill me even if he plans on hurting me, I am carrying his child." I don't know if I was convincing myself or Rena because the Markus I saw the other day wasn't someone I recognized, he was different like someone whose monster came alive. He looked scary.

" I'll just have to go to him, I'll be strong, he won't find a single thing. I promise, don't worry about me and no matter what you stay here okay? I don't know what he would do to you in his angered state, my boss doesn't think when he is angry."

" Are you sure about this Rena?" I asked her one last time as she nodded her head and took my hands giving me a reassuring smile then her face suddenly switched becoming so confident like she wasn't just shaking in fear. Wow, such an actress.

She finally went out the door while my heart began a different type of pounding, fear, anger, and anxiety all mixed in one. I was hoping things would all work out well.

The sound of the clock wasn't helping me, the time was moving so slowly, and with every tick of the clock my heartbeat was increasing, I just couldn't sit still.

Hours had gone and there was still no sign of Rena. What kind of question was Markus asking her? I wondered how Rena was doing, I felt like crying, this was all my fault, I shouldn't have dragged Rena into this.

*****

She walked into my office looking as confident as ever but from the moment she stepped in, I knew she had the answer I was looking for. There was a tiny bit of anxiety behind that brave front, if you didn't look very closely you wouldn't notice it. Having a business where I meet very cruel people taught me that.

" You sent for me, sir." She said with a very calm voice, she is good.

I accessed her front head to toe before I rose from my chair and for a moment I saw her brave front crack before she concealed it again.

I walked from my seat towards her as I spoke.

" You seem to be Jane's favorite, so I have no doubt she must have told you something about her whereabouts. Am I right or am I right?" I asked, putting her in a tight spot.

" Sir, I am not sure I'm that much of her favorite that she tells me everything." Very clever. She didn't give me the direct answer I wanted, she was playing smart with me. There are few people like her in the world. The loyal ones.

She was being strong and tried her best not to show fear as I came to stand behind her.

" Am going to ask you just once, I hate repeating myself, where is Jane?"

She stayed silent, refusing to give me an answer.

" Fine. Why don't you make yourself comfortable in my office, I am your boss after all and I'm giving you two hours off." I knew just what I was doing and I had a feeling she knew too.

She didn't complain, she just made her way towards the visitor's seat and quietly sat down. Another smart move but we both knew I had won this one.

An hour passed and there was nothing, another thirty minutes still no sign, I didn't have a single doubt that the result I wanted would be achieved. Exactly two hours thirty minutes later the door burst open and…

" Markus, we need to talk."