Chapter 104- The Court Case

What did Jane think she was driving at? Was she trying to make me jealous by bringing that man with her?

Like she expected me to be jealous.

Who does she think she is by coming here and thinking that giving me a few dollar bills would make me give my daughter back to her? Even if she gave me the world I wouldn't.

She's definitely crazy.

I angrily closed work for the day and went up to my room. What was wrong with me? Why did I feel like that Hardin guy just stole something from me? What was there to steal? I didn't own Jane and I didn't care who she followed, I was okay with the way I was, without a woman because I didn't need one, well except for pleasure, nothing else.

I wanted to see my baby girl but the mood I was in stopped me. I only wanted to see her in my happy mood, I didn't want her to ever see me sad.

I couldn't bring myself to eat because I just couldn't stop thinking about Jane. She made me happy at one time in my life but I knew it was all an act. She wanted me to deeply fall in love with her and then she'd abandon me like everyone else. The only one I had who would be there for me at all times was Alexandra, my little angel.

It was almost night and I was still lost in my thoughts. I had to say good night to my baby girl, but the thoughts of her mother made me unable to move.

But somehow I grudgingly made my way into her room and there she was asleep.

" My little angel," I said as I bent down to her bed, she is my life.

" You know Daddy's confused, I told myself I didn't need your mom, but I can't get her out of my head, do you think I did the right thing separating you two?" I said feeling relief that there might not be someone to hear my pain but my little girl does.

" Do you think daddy was too harsh on mommy? I really don't know," I said with a sigh as I kissed her on the head before making my way out of her room.

But as I opened my room door I was surprised at who was seated on my bed.

" Fiona, when will you stop this?" I asked with a sigh, it seemed shouting and pushing her out hadn't done anything to her, how about I try talking some sense into her?

" You keep making yourself look like a desperate woman, there are so many men out there, you're a beautiful woman I'm sure you'll find someone else."

" I don't want someone else, I want you,".

" Well that's the thing, I'm in love with someone else," That was supposed to be a lie to send her away but she stood there looking at me like I had just grown two heads and with the way my heart beat increased it told me that wasn't a lie and I had indeed fallen for someone else.

" Who? Her?" Fiona asked with disappointment in her voice, like what did she expect me to do? To fall in love with her after she told me a story I didn't know whether it was true or not.

" This is not about who or what, but what I'm saying is that we can never be together again," She suddenly rushed to me and hugged me tightly, and in a moment of weakness I didn't know when I wrapped my hands around her.

" But we promised each other forever, you said you were going to love me till the end." She said it like we were already married and I was the one breaking the promise.

" Things have changed Fiona, you changed things I just don't know, fate changed everything," I said as I removed my hands from around her and slowly pushed her off me.

" You really need to accept the fact that we can never be together anymore, this would be better for everyone, and please there's nothing to make me understand anymore, I've told you countless times, and I'll say it for the last time there is no us, please leave," I said before walking away heading back to my solace, my daughter.

******

I couldn't believe the words Markus said to me, my services indeed. He now thought of me as a woman who gives children to people for money, how could someone even say that and then he made it look like I sold Alexandra?

" You have to calm down Jane pacing like this would only make you anxious, the lawyer will be here soon and you can't act like this in front of him," Hardin said as he took my hand and walked me back to the couch, this was the second time he was doing this, when he did it the first time I still got up and started pacing, I just couldn't sit still.

" I'm sorry Hardin I must be stressing you a lot with all my problems, this has nothing to do with you but yet you've been helping me, first you lent me that huge sum of money, and  now you want to give me the best lawyer, I just can't thank you enough,"

" It's nothing Jane, I'll always be here to help you."

The doorbell suddenly rang and I  stood up again in a rush forgetting my promise to stay calm.

" Jane, hey look at me," Hardin said as he held my shoulders and turned me to him,...

…" Remember what I told you, just take deep breaths and take it easy, we're going to get through this, do you understand me?" He asked and I nodded.

" So you have to be strong for your daughter,"

" Alright, you can go open the door,"

Hardin left me and I slowly sat back down as he went to open the door for the lawyer.

" Hello Sir, thank you for making out time to see us," I said to the lawyer as he took a seat.

" Coffee?"

" No thanks, I'm good,"

" Alright, so what do you have for me, you must have a brief about my case?" I asked.

" Yes ma'am but please can you tell me more about it, I'd like to understand it more,"

I told the lawyer everything he needed to know as he listened with rapt attention.

" I'm going to say this Miss Jane, things would have been a lot easier if the child wasn't yet  born, now it feels like you signed a contract, already fulfilled it, and you want to pay a sum of money for breach of contract when there's no longer any contact to breach, but I would see what I can do for you,"

" Please do Sir," Hardin said as I couldn't bring myself to speak, my head was running wild.

" I'll take my leave now, I'll be sending a court case to Mr Arthur to inform him about the case," The lawyer said as he stood up, Hardin also stood up to walk him to the door but he suddenly stopped and turned to me.

" One more thing, I suggest you find somewhere else to stay, my opponent might find a way to use this against you," He said before he finally left with my head feeling like it would burst.