Chapter 114- Epilogue

" Dad! Dad! Save me Mom is going to kill me," Alexandra shouted as she ran up the stairs to her father like she always does.

" I've warned you several times not to touch the cookies until it was time to serve them" Each time I baked cookies she always found a way to sneak into the kitchen and disappear with one, she was just like her father.

They were a team at taking cookies from the kitchen.

" Have you seen Alexandra?" I asked Markus who was seated on the bed pretending like he didn't hear me, without even getting his answer I could already see Alexandra hiding behind her father's back.

" No, I haven't seen her, Why?" Like always, he'll cover for her.

" So there's no one behind you?" I asked as I started walking slowly to where she was hiding behind her father.

" So who's this?" I started tickling her through the sheet that she had covering her. She broke into a fit of giggling.

" Mom stop,"

" Will you pick cookies again?"

" No Mom, Dad save me already,"

" Okay, okay," Markus said as he took Alexandra from the bed and placed her on his shoulder.

" Promise your mom you're not taking cookies when it's not time to serve,"

" But Dad, she makes the best cookies," She said with a pout on her cute lips.

" I know right?"

" Okay, I promise,"

" That's my girl,"

Alexandra ran out of the room and it was left with just me and Markus.

" I love you,"

" You say that every day,"

" Well, I'm going to say that every day till I take my last breath, we took a vow, remember?" He said as he kissed me.

The day our child was found changed everything. That day I thought Markus was going to die. I thought I had lost him. I was scared because of how much blood he had lost, but somehow he survived.

Although it wasn't easy, we worked out our relationship and I forgave him so we got married.

Well, there's a shocking happy ending.

Hardin is getting married to Rena. Don't ask me how.

Fiona, well she's where she belongs, in jail.

I couldn't be more happy with where I am now, and how I feel.

At peace.

*****

Thank you everyone for your support on this book, I wouldn't have done it without you. Thank you so much.