Chapter 25- Not My Wife

I walked with calculated steps towards the guy and as I got close to where the castle was I pretended to step on something as I fell forward directly on the sandcastle and everything came toppling down.

" Oh boy. My bad." I said as I stood up placing my hand on my heart in mock innocence it didn't help that Rena was trying so much to hold her laughter. I was so focused on bringing down the castle that I didn't care to look at who was building it until he spoke.

" Does this count as us being even?"

Oh him again.

" Well, what can I say, it was an accident."

" Didn't look like one to me, it looked more like a calculated accident."

I snickered.

" Well, happy rebuilding," I said as I ran off.

As soon as we were back on our spot Rena burst into laughter and I joined her.

" Now I see why you think you're the sand castle witch. That was evil. How did you become a sand castle witch like you say?" She asked as he placed her chin on her knees.

" Well." I drawled.

" When I was little and would come to the beach with my parents I would always try to build a sand castle but never got it, so I decided that maybe I wasn't destined to build them but to destroy them."

" And then you named yourself the sand castle witch?"

" Yeah, it was easier and more fun."

" I think it's time to go home. What do you say?" I asked as I had already gotten enough fun for the day.

" Am ready when you're ready."

We packed all our things and headed to the outdoor shower, after washing off the sand and salt water we headed to the car.

" Can you drive?" I asked Rena and she nodded her head. I didn't think twice before throwing the keys over to her. I was tired.

We got home at exactly four o'clock. I headed to my room while Rena went back to work. I wish she would just take the day off and relax.

I got into my room and headed straight to the bathroom. After a cold shower, I headed to the closet to change into something free. My eyes caught one of Markus' shirts and without thinking I took the shirt and wore it and then I headed back to the room to get a much-needed sleep.

" Jane." Someone called but I refused to wake up.

" Jane, please wake up so you can have something to eat."

Grudgingly I opened my eyes to see Rena staring down at me.

" You have been sleeping for two hours now. I didn't want to wake you up but it's time for you to eat something." She said as she helped me sit up while she placed the bed tray in front of me.

As the food hit my nose I couldn't help but cover my nose, I knew all these were pregnancy doing it to me and it wasn't because the food wasn't nice I knew we had the best cook but my pregnant self didn't like the smell.

Rena quickly got the hint as she took the food away from me.

" Is there something specific you would like to eat?" She asked as she moved a few inches away from me so I was unable to smell the food.

" Peanut butter," I said out of nowhere like it was being whispered to me. I was convinced pregnancy had an invisible person who followed you around and made suggestions of what you will have to eat because if not tell me where the hell did peanut butter come from?

"Peanut butter?" Rena asked as if she wasn't sure what she heard.

The look I gave her sent her out of the room in search of my peanut butter before I decided to eat her.

******

All day my mood was bitter. From the moment my guard sent me that picture, I wanted nothing but to go to that place, drag her to a room, and lock her up.

Didn't she have some decency? She was carrying another man's child and flirting with another man.

Was that what I paid her for?

" Sir these are the documents you requested for." My secretary said as she shakingly dropped them on my desk. I couldn't blame her, she had been on the receiving end of my anger.

I looked at the papers but wasn't pleased with what I saw.

Taking the intercom I called her.

" In my office now!" She didn't have to be told twice before she came rushing to my door.

" Yes Sir?"

" Call the negotiation department and tell them that if they can't make those people agree to our terms in three days I'll help them do their job and they know what that means!" I threw the file on my desk and she quickly took the documents rushing out like the office was on fire.

I took deep breaths in to calm myself down, I wasn't going to let some woman ruin my calm. She could flirt with as many men as she wants but first, she should give me my child.

I filled myself with work and it was almost eight pm.e I took the remaining work into my bag as I stood up ready to go home. I had already sent my secretary home after I had calmed down. I didn't go easy on her today.

My car lights came on when I pressed the remote as I got in.

The drive home was quiet and my mind was filled with a lot of things.

My stomach growled, reminding me that I was only human and could also get hungry.

I packed the car outside, got out, and headed into the house. I was greeted with the sweet smell of bacon.

Who was in the kitchen by this time?

When I got to the kitchen I knew instantly who it was even as the lights were off.

She was so busy with what she was doing she didn't notice me.

" What are you doing?" I asked and that got her attention. She turned to me with a smile, a smile I didn't care to return.

" I was hungry and thought I'd make something for us since you weren't home for dinner."

" You're not my wife."

*******

What do you think about this chapter?

Thank you for reading.