Chapter 59-The Famous Hockey Player

I couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing.

The headline read: Famous Hockey player spotted with a pregnant lady at the Oxford fitness studio: Could the hockey player secretly have a wife?

I quickly glanced through the article. The writer was talking about how intimate we looked and the photographer tried his or her best to capture us in what seemed like our most intimate moment, like when Hardin was holding me on the waist just like the instructor asked, to anyone, they would believe we were lovers of some sort.

" Well you both look good together, " Sofia, Markus' girlfriend said with a smile on her face before taking her phone from me, she looked happy like she had just gotten the greatest news ever.

She started walking to the exit but I remained rooted on my spot.

" Are you coming or what?" I came out of my thoughts as I began walking towards the exit. The ride back home was quiet, not like I intended to say anything to her.

As soon as she parked in front of the house I got out of the car and headed towards my wing. I knew Markus would be furious when he got back home and realized that I wasn't where he left me.

" Well you're welcome, " I heard Sofia say, but I was too busy in my thoughts to give her any reply. I didn't know Hardin was so famous that he would even make the headlines.

As soon as I got into my room, I locked the door and quickly rushed to the couch where I sat then brought my phone out to make an important call.

The phone rang continuously but there was no answer. I tried several times again but still I got no answer, I was beginning to get worried, what if I had put Hardin in trouble? People would be wondering who I was to him, my face wasn't hidden.

Instead of sitting down and waiting on the phone when I wasn't getting any answer, I stood up and went to my bathroom to take a shower, I hadn't taken one today.

After the much-needed shower, I lazily came to sit on my bed instead of going to the closet to get something to wear. A message suddenly popped into my phone that caught my attention, or rather it was the name that caught my attention.

Hardin Scott live.

I picked up my phone and clicked on it and a live video of Hardin popped up and it looked like he was about to be interviewed. I was curious.

" It is such an honor to have you at our show today, Mr. Hardin Scott," the presenter said with a big smile like he just won the lottery, just how famous was Hardin exactly?

" Anytime, I try my best to honor invitations like this, especially for my fans," I heard cheering like there were people in the background watching him.

" Thank you once again, so we're just going to get to the business of today. There has been a rumor going on on the internet that you're secretly married, is that true?" The presenter asked and I watched as a smile took over Hardin's face.

" Well I wished I was, but unfortunately no," He said and the voices from the background seemed conflicted, others sounded happy at the news while others sounded disappointed.

" You say you're not married, but pictures have been circulating the internet of you and a pretty pregnant lady, what do you have to say about that?" The interviewer asked and surprisingly Hardin still maintained the smile he had on his face not showing an ounce of weakness.

" Well I'm going to say the lady in the picture is one of the nicest humans you could get to know, she's a friend, a very dear friend and she needed my help, she had an exercise appointment for pregnant women in that studio and she needed me to accompany her and I just did what any friend would do, people just have it all wrong, you know how the internet can be?" At his last statement, Hardin and the interviewer chuckled.

" So you say she's your friend and you played the role of the partner, what happened to your friend's partner?" At that question, I tensed, what would Hardin say to this? Markus as much as Hardin is also a well-known man and I know he pays the media and paparazzi well enough to stay out of his business, that is one of the reasons I hadn't been all over the news from the onset.

" I think I would rather not answer that, some things are meant to be kept private and not for the general public," Hardin said and I could tell he was beginning to get angry because it looked like the interviewer was playing a mind game with him.

" Is her partner dead? Did he abandon her? " The interviewer at this moment was trying to get Hardin angry and it seemed to be working, they couldn't tell because of how calm he looked, but I could because of how his jaw was ticking.

" Like I said Mr. Greg, some things are meant to be in private, thank you for having me here," he said before he gave a smile to the interviewer, it was a fake smile, and then he walked out of the room.

" Well folks, that went well, we have more interesting things to come, stay tuned." I sighed as I dropped my phone and lay on my back.

My phone started ringing and when I picked it up it was a call from Hardin.

" Hey Hardin, how are you? I watched the interview." I said as soon as I picked up the call. He sighed before he spoke.

" I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen."

" It's not your fault, you were just trying to help me, I didn't know you were so famous,"

" Stop it, I'm not that famous,"

" Yes you are, or you wouldn't be making headlines,"

" You know how the internet can be sometimes, they just want to make up stories to sell, I'll try to talk to my team to see what they can do so the story won't last." He said, sounding tired, if he was this famous, how did he have time to come to my aid when I needed him?

" It so funny how everyone now thinks I'm your secret pregnant wife," I said with a chuckle but my chuckle instantly seized at his next words.

" I wish it was true."