Chapter 50- The Hangover

I woke up feeling like my head was going to tear and my brain would fall out, my throat felt dry because of the amount of alcohol I had consumed.

I picked myself up from where I lay on the floor, picked up my phone from where I had thrown it and went out of the room, it wasn't mine, it was the room I had told myself never to enter again but from time to time I keep finding myself in there, it was the room I and Fiona shared, until she ruined everything.

I went into my room and went straight to the shower, after a much-needed shower I came out and headed into my closet to get something to wear, my head was still banging so I picked up my phone to call one of the maids to get me pain reliever and water but saw that I had several missed calls from Jane, what did she want?

I decided to call the maid first, my head wasn't feeling right and I needed to calm myself down before I could have any meaningful conversation with anyone.

The maid brought the water and medicine as she dropped them and left. I had to be in the office, why did I have to drink so much?

" Good morning Dad," I greeted as I took a seat on the chair. I wasn't having enough appetite but I made it a tradition to always eat with my dad as long as he was here.

" You look like shit, don't tell me you were drinking again?" Was it that obvious? I didn't want to look like shit when I went to the office, this is what reopening old wounds could do. Instead of dwelling more on that thought, I focused on my food. But a man couldn't have peace in his own house as he suddenly asked.

" Have you called Jane?" What did he want with Jane again? Is this where he tries to tell me to have another woman in my life again?

" Why should I call her?" I asked him trying to seem as busy with my food as possible.

" Are you saying you don't know?" This got my attention, what was he talking about?

" What do you mean?" I turned my attention fully to him now, what has Jane done again this time without my permission? My father looked at me as if he didn't recognize who was sitting in front of him, I had known clue what was going on.

" Are you saying you have no idea Jane is still in the hospital." Hospital, when? That was when I remembered the calls I got from her, what happened? Is the child okay? Is she okay?

I quickly abandoned the food as I picked up my phone and dialed Jane's number but she wasn't picking up, how serious was it?

" Grace!" I called my maid who was in the kitchen and she quickly rushed to where I was.

" Yes sir,"

" Call me Jane's maid, Rena."

" Sir I haven't seen her this morning, I think she slept with ma'am in the hospital." Everyone knew except me? Well, I would have known if I wasn't sulking all night. I waved her off and she returned to what she was doing.

" I'm off dad, I'll see you later," I said as I took my car keys and went out of the house, then I got into my car and drove off heading for the hospital.

When I got to the hospital, like always the doctors felt like I was there to throw money.

I went into the room and was told Jane had been admitted. I opened the door without knocking and I found her sleeping soundly with her maid who sat on the chair and placed her head on the bed,  she was also sleeping, but I guess not so deeply because as soon as I closed the door, her head turned towards it and she rose so fast at the same time quietly. But Jane didn't stir.

" Good morning Sir," she whispered and I nodded my head in acknowledgment, she looked like she wanted to be out of the room as soon as possible, and at the same time, she looked like she wanted to stay.

" What happened?" I simply asked and she knew what I was referring to, I didn't have to speak unnecessary words before she understood what I was asking.

" She had a fever last night and then we tried calling you but you weren't picking up, so I rushed her to the hospital." I nodded my head and didn't say anything else taking, that as her cue to leave she quietly walked out of the room.

I walked to Jane and placed my hand on her head. The fever seemed to have gone down but she was still a little bit warm which meant she wasn't completely fine.

Just as I sat on the chair, I noticed the flowers and basket that were lying on the table that was beside the bed. Was it from the hospital or the maid? I didn't want to think much of it but somehow I still got up and walked to where the flowers sat on the table. There were all kinds of things Jane liked so I concluded that it was from the maid but my eyes fell on the note. Was it even necessary to write the note? I said as I picked up the note.

The first thing that caught my eye was the name of the person who signed the note, Hardin…the note simply read " Get well soon." I knew this name, it was that man.

I looked at my hand and saw the grumbled note, I didn't even know when I squeezed it. I had warned Jane but each time she kept pushing me to the wall.

For now, I'm going to pretend I didn't see anything, I'll give her all the time she needs to recover, then maybe then, I'll have to lock her up until she gives me my child. Since my warning hasn't been enough for her. I'm giving her two weeks, two weeks and then I'll take action.

No one should blame me, I've been patient enough.