Chapter 105- The Fight

" Good morning sir, this was sent for you," a maid said as she handed me an envelope.

I took it from her with a raised brow, I wasn't expecting anything, what could be inside? I thought to myself. Well if I didn't open it, I wouldn't know.

I took the document and went to the sitting room. I placed the cup of coffee I was holding on the table then I opened the envelope to look what was inside.

It looked like an important document so I quickly scanned through it.

You've got to be kidding me, Jane was taking me to court, didn't I already warn her that there was nothing she could do that would result in her having my child, she just doesn't listen does she?

The court hearing was in two days and we were supposed to travel tomorrow, was this her way of stopping us? With this case, we couldn't leave the country. Damn it.

I quickly called my lawyer to inform him of the matter and after that I got dressed to meet Jane, I had to make her understand she was playing a dangerous game, there was no way she was winning in this one. Or was it to see her? That was my mind playing games with me. I wasn't in love with Jane and I didn't care about her, she could be with whoever she wanted, get married, and have kids with whoever she wanted and I still wouldn't care.

I got into my car and drove to the location one of my men fetched for me. It was a bakery, she had finally gone through with her dream of opening one, I could remember the day she talked about it. She looked so happy and the smile just wouldn't leave her face.

I parked my car outside and I looked around, she did a good job with the place, whoever she hired from the job knew what they were doing. The bakery was just like her, perfect.

What is wrong with me?

*******

" Ma'am, where do you get these handsome men that keep coming to look for you?" One of my staff asked and I looked at her in confusion.

" Don't joke around Tess, what are you talking about?"

" Well there's this handsome man here to see you, he's in your office,"

" I'll be right back, let me see this handsome man you're talking about," I said as I started to remove my gloves and the apron I had on.

As soon as I opened my office door my mood became sour.

" What are you doing here?" I asked Markus who had his back to me. He had a roll in one hand and he ate it slowly without giving me a response.

" I asked you a question didn't I, or are you here to ask me if I need money or maybe if I've gotten a new client for my service,"

" Well isn't this strange, your lover isn't anywhere hovering around you like a fly," He said totally ignoring the question I asked.

" Markus I'm not in the mood to exchange words with you, you can see that this is my workplace and I'm busy,"

" Yeah a place you have to sign to give your child away to buy," without meaning to, I landed a slap on Markus's face.

" I've warned you several times never to say that to me I will not explain myself to you anymore because I'm tired, you were aware of why I signed that document, and each time you try to make me feel bad, are you not ashamed of yourself?"

Markus rubbed his jaw as he looked at me with anger in his eyes.

" Let me tell you this, maybe you didn't get it the first time but I'm saying it now again, you should count yourself lucky because I'm not a man who likes to repeat himself, so listen closely, it doesn't matter what you do, who you bring, you will never win against me," For a moment my heart was filled with evil thoughts, what if I killed this man here? Who would know?

" Get out of here Markus please just leave," He looked at me like he was going to say something before he stormed out of my office in anger. I didn't ask him to come here.

As soon as he was out I collapsed on the chair in exasperation. I wanted this to be over with so I could have my child, I hadn't had a good night's sleep since the day Markus told me I could never be with my child. My mind was always occupied with the thought of my daughter.

This was frustrating.

**********

" Dad it seems we won't be able to come visit you again," I said over the phone to my father as I handed my baby girl to her nanny.

" Why? What's wrong?"

I sighed, rubbing my eyes before I spoke.

" I've got a court case and I can't leave the country, Jane wants the child and she's desperate to do anything,"

" I told you, son, I warned you that this wasn't going to go well, you were happy with that girl, why did you decide to separate her from the child, you people would have been a complete family," There We go again, he was going to start lecturing me.

" Dad I've told you…" He cut me off.

" I know you son and for a long time I've never seen you look at anyone the way you look at Jane, you tried so much to hide it but I'm your father, you have to make up your mind before you lose her forever," As he said this my mind couldn't help but go back to what that jerk said.

" Don't lose the opportunity of having a complete family, I know how it feels to be lonely, you don't want to experience that feeling," I could hear the sadness in his voice.

I knew he always acted to be okay for me even when he was hurting, my father was everything to be and I want to be that for Alexandra. Why was he saying all these now?

" Dad let's talk some other time,"

" Think about it, son,"

Even as he said that I knew my mind was already made up.