Chapter 26- The Movie Room

I blinked as I looked at him in confusion. Yes, I had been reminded several times that I was not his wife, what warranted him to say that this time?

There's nothing wrong with making dinner with someone you live under his roof, all he could have done is tell me he wasn't interested in eating.

I had come down to get something to eat when my stomach started growling and for some reason, I was feeling alone in the room and thought that making dinner was a good idea.

" I didn't say I was your wife," I said to him as I turned back to what I was doing I took a piece of bacon and put it in my mouth.

" How did you enjoy your day?" He asked and I couldn't help but raise my brow in question at the way he sounded. Like everything about my day was wrong.

" It was fine," I answered of which his response was to hum.

" Did you say hi to your little boyfriend for me?"

At his question, this got me even more confused, what boyfriend was he talking about?

" Oh, now you act like you don't know what I am talking about. Take a look at this." He said as he took his phone from his pocket, opened it, and showed the screen to me.

It was a picture of me and the brown-haired guy. I didn't see anything wrong with the picture, that was the picture where he handed me the ice cream and then where he was applying the cream on me.

" So now you're spying on me?" I asked as I diverted my attention from the screen to his face.

" I had to make sure my child was okay."

" Oh please cut me with that bullshit. Do you think I want to put the child in harm's way?" I asked him the question I'd asked several times.

" And don't you fucking raise your voice at me?"

" Or what? Now you are following me around and you think that's okay, I am not your wife, so I have the right to flirt with any man I want. I never know who the destined father of my children might be."

" I don't fucking care what you think but until you give birth to my child you are not permitted to see other men."

" That wasn't in the contract."

" Then I'm saying it now."

" Am I supposed to be scared?"

" Don't push me, woman." His voice has gone deeper like he was trying to scare me but it wasn't working. Maybe the hormones were giving me confidence which I planned to make full use of.

" I might as well push you to the wall, stay clear of me," I said to him as I turned away from his arguing and focused back on my food whether he decided to eat or not it wasn't my business.

I wasn't his wife to be cooking for him, that was already made clear several times and I wouldn't fall victim.

******

She challenged me.

I told her to stay clear of other men and she challenged me.

What if she got involved with other men and caught a disease putting my child's life in danger? I couldn't have that.

I walked from the kitchen and headed towards the room but I didn't get there as I was blocked by another of my troubles. I totally forgot about this one.

" Darling I missed you all day." Now was not the time because I was gonna break her head on the wall if she didn't get out of my way.

She tried to touch me but I pushed her hands away.

" Stay clear of me."

" What's wrong? You look so stressed." She asked as she tried to come towards me again. Didn't she know when to stop?

I pushed past her as I made my way towards the room.

But as I pushed the door open the person I expected to see wasn't inside.

  Where had she gone to now?

" Jane," I called as I made my way towards other rooms but she wasn't there.

She did this last night and didn't sleep in the bedroom. I was just worried about my child so she wouldn't go and do something stupid.

Taking my phone out of my pocket I called the security team.

" Make sure you search the whole house and when you find her, bring her to me," I said before ending the call.

After about thirty minutes they still hadn't found her, where could she have entered, this was my mansion could there be rooms here that I didn't know about?

" Check the CCTV camera, let's see the last room she was in," I said to them and they did just as I said.

About two minutes later my phone rang with a message and when I opened it, it was a video showing the last room Jane entered and it was the movie room. I couldn't have guessed.

I walked towards the room and then I opened it. I called her name a few times but she didn't get any reply.

I was still searching when I heard soft breathing from my right and when I turned, there she was sleeping.

This woman is either insane or insane, either of the two.

I walked quietly to her where she lay in order not to wake her. I squatted down to where she was lying.

Her hair was covering her face so I used my hand to remove it, she was so beautiful.

I had never noticed the freckles on her face, not like I had ever stared at her for too long. I knew she was beautiful but I didn't really look at her face so often. I see  her every day but staring at her deeply was another thing.

I had no doubt my child would be beautiful if it was a girl and handsome if it was a boy. A combination of a handsome father and a beautiful mother.

A mother they didn't need. I would be enough for them.

I scooped her into my arms as I made my way back to our room.