Chapter 48- The Late Night Fever

I just stood speechless as I watched the maids set the table while Markus walked towards me with his arms wide open like he wanted me to run into his embrace. Did he hit his head or something?

He came to the bed and sat down and I just watched him like I was in a trance.

" Come here darling," he said as he lifted me from the bed and walked to where the table was set. I couldn't say a word, I just looked at him in confusion, did Markus have a twin I wasn't aware of?

" Markus…" Just when I was about to question what this was all about he shut me.

" Shuuuu.." he said as he placed a finger on my lips…" What is wrong if a man decides to take care of his pregnant woman." I wanted to scream to his face everything if that said man is you but instead I just watched him like a fool.

Since he didn't want me to talk I just kept quiet and watched him. He sat me on the chair and set a plate in front of me then Markus of all people started serving me. Okay, this was scaring the shit out of me, if I wasn't pregnant I would have thought he had plans of poisoning me.

"Come on eat, I don't want you staying hungry." I gave the food a look like I had double-thought about it, but grudgingly I started eating and it actually did taste nice. The hungry pregnant side in me awoke and I forgot that Markus was actually in front of me.

" Be careful my beautiful Fiona." I froze, and the fork I was holding fell back on the plate. It was finally confirmed that Markus was losing his mind. This explains everything, this was the second time he was calling me Fiona. Who was this Fiona? Did he suddenly think I was her?

" Come on, keep eating, you need a lot of energy." His voice brought me out of my thoughts, I looked at him and he still maintained the smile on his face. Was he seeing Fiona in me right now? Had he been thinking so much about her that he suddenly wanted to live that dream that they were married and she was his perfect wife carrying his child?

Tears gathered in my eyes but I blinked them back, I would play the part of his Fiona so he leaves my room as soon as possible.

When I had finished eating he just kept staring at me and it was unsettling. He suddenly stood up and walked to me then he took me back into his arms like I was a delicate flower and he was scared of hurting me, then he walked back to the bed and placed me there.

" Sleep now my Fiona, everything is okay." I closed my mouth because of the sob that threatened to come out. I was playing his Fiona and I'm sure he didn't want his Fiona crying. I closed my eyes like I had suddenly fallen asleep expecting that he would leave but instead, he sat there patting my head like you would do a child you wanted to put to sleep.

I think he was convinced I had fallen asleep because I heard him slowly get up and he quietly walked out of the room.

As soon as he closed the door I opened my eyes and I felt the tears roll into my ears. Apart from fearing that I might lose my child, I now had to pretend to be another woman, the woman he loves, who isn't me. I cried myself to sleep.

When I woke up, my body felt so hot like I was lying on burning coal, and even worse I couldn't even bring myself to stand up. I felt feverish like I was cold and hot at the same time. So I covered myself with the blanket to see if it made me feel better but nothing was happening. Somehow amidst the crisis I managed to fall asleep.

When I woke up I was covered in my own sweat and I felt ten times worse. I tried to rise from the bed but was unable to, with all the energy I had I dragged myself together with the bedsheets as I crawled to the couch where I left my phone. When my hand got the phone I relaxed on my back like I had just run a marathon.

I quickly dialed Markus' number but it rang several times and he didn't pick up until it went into voice mail. My hands at this point were shaking so badly and my vision was becoming blurry. My throat felt so dry like I was in the desert. The second person on my mind was Rena but I couldn't even see clearly to bring out the number and I think I randomly dialed a number.

A male voice came through but I didn't have the energy to speak. The phone eventually fell off my hands and I could still hear the voice but I remained silent. Was this how dying felt like? And even if I was dying would I die alone? With no loved one around me telling me how they'll miss me. I couldn't die, I had a child inside me.

So with whatever strength I could muster, I willed my eyes to stay open so I could call Rena. I just quickly typed in Re in the contact search and Rena's number popped up, I didn't even waste time I quickly dialed the number. It rang for several minutes and there was no reply. Could she be sleeping? Was that why she couldn't pick up? I felt so terrible inside my body, I have never felt this way before. Like my internal organs were being cooked. 

With my hands shaking, I tried again and again but there was still no response. Where was everyone when I needed them? With the phone still in my hand I tried to get up and see if I could make it outside but I was unable, I started crawling but my stomach was making it so hard, I had to get help, I was burning up so much.

But it was like my last straw of strength just wethered as the phone fell off my hand and I fell on my side feeling so exhausted and then everything suddenly became black.

******

Thank you for reading my book, let me know what you think of this chapter.