Chapter 108- Not Friends

I looked at Markus like he had gone mad, he was looking for another way to hurt me. A few days ago Markus didn't want me near my child, so why did he want me back in the mansion? With what had happened between us I had to be very careful, he couldn't be trusted anymore because once bitten twice shy.

" How is this of benefit to you?" I asked because he definitely had a reason why he was doing this that he was not telling me.

" This is for my child, you were right, I shouldn't separate you from her just because I didn't want you, she should have her mom," Was I dreaming? Markus agreeing with me on something was something I never pictured even in a thousand years. This was all too good to be true.

" So what you're trying to say is I can see Alexandra whenever I want, like even right now?" I asked, if what he was saying was true I might as well go see my daughter now.

" Yes," I didn't need more convincing, I stood up, picked up my handbag, and left. As long as nobody was stopping me from seeing Alexandra I was okay, that didn't mean I wouldn't watch my back.

I opened Alexandra's door and there she was. She was in the hands of her nanny, this was too good to be true but I'll take it.

The nanny noticed me and her face was covered in shock, she didn't expect me to be here, I didn't even expect myself to be here.

" It's okay, I can see her," I told her to reassure her I wasn't sneaking in so she didn't have to bother about getting in trouble.

" Okay ma'am, I'll be downstairs if you need anything," She said as she handed me my baby girl and excused us.

I was so happy, even if this would last for an hour I was willing to enjoy it, Markus could suddenly change his mind, he was an unpredictable man.

" My daughter, I miss you so much," Without meaning to tears covered my eyes and it was like my baby girl could sense her mummy was tearing up so she started crying too.

" Oh my baby don't cry, Mommy's not sad, she's just happy to see you, you don't have to cry, okay baby girl." She made a sound and I took it as a yes. I couldn't stop staring at my daughter, she was my world and for the times I've been without her, I felt like my world was covered in darkness.

" Look how beautiful you are, my little princess, you're just so cute," I sat on the floor resting my back on the wall as I brought out my breast to feed her, I made sure to clean my nipple before I had it in her mouth and I felt like a complete person again.

I watched her suck quietly like she had been deprived of this goodness for too long, which was actually the case. She had been mostly fed baby food but not the one she most needed. Breast milk.

I would never let that happen again, I've tasted this and nobody would take this from me again, never.

******

As much as I didn't want to disturb their moment there was a tugging in my heart telling me to go upstairs.

I closed my laptop and came out of my office heading upstairs.

When I reached Alexandra's room I slowly opened the door to see Jane with Alexandra all cozy and I didn't know how to feel. There was love and affection in her eyes when she looked at Alexandra. Love that has been there even before the child was born.

I couldn't help but imagine what it would have been like if we hadn't ended up the way things turned out. Would she be happy to see me when I come to say hello or would she just tolerate me? I felt like I knew the answer already.

Jane finally noticed me but she didn't say a word, she just turned back to the baby like she didn't just see me standing there.

What did I expect, like we would suddenly become best friends after I told her she could see Alexandra?

My thoughts were distracted by the ringing of Jane's phone.

" Hey, Hardin," That man. Was he going to leave her alone?

I wanted to go and take that phone from her and say my mind to that bastard but I refrained. It was just going to lead to me and Jane arguing, and at the moment that wasn't what I wanted.

" Hardin, can we talk when I get back? I am a little busy right now," Do they stay together? I remember my attorney mentioning that.

" Alright, take care, I'll give you a call." She said before she ended the call and focused her attention back on Alexandra like I wasn't even there. Having had enough of her ignoring me I decided to speak.

" Are you going to stay here with Alexandra tonight?" This was the only way to prevent her from going to see that man.

" I'll stay here with my daughter, I won't miss a moment with her. But let's make something clear, we're not friends, I don't want you talking to me, whatever you might want to say to me, if it doesn't involve Alexandra, I'm not interested." I knew this was coming.

" Well, I didn't ask to be friends with you,"

" Then I'm glad we're on the same page, Alexandra is asleep I'd like to put her on her bed," I knew what she was trying to do, she was trying to tell me to leave so I don't get it in my head that we're some happy parents putting our child to sleep.

I looked at them one last time before walking out of the room, there was someone I needed to talk to, he had been in my business for too long.

I'm not a man that likes being insulted and he has insulted me in several ways.

He has to go.