Long lost memory

DISCLAMER: The following story contains graphic violence content. Please proceed with caution!

We were standing in Endeavour's private jet while Jamina was looking around. As soon as Endeavour got out of the room she turned to us.

"Ok...if you want to go there, in the Underworld (codename for the arena) ...you first have to know how it is there, so let me give you a heads-up."

She opened her claws and we all saw a memory.

^

She was in some kind of a big metal cage with huge lights all around her. Looking down at a boy that was standing still on the marbled floor.

"Stand down. Fucker."

She growled and headed for the stairs, gripping the bars for support. Luke was waiting for her at the base of the arena, fidgeting with his hands. When he saw her, he quickly jumped at her. " Jamina! Are you ok?! That was-"

"FUCKING. Shut up." She took a shanky breath and shuddered, her vision shifting. She turned to a glitching shadow. "May I go...rest?"

The shadow turned its head away and headed to the Ringmaster. "Do as you want. Luke. Follow her."

The boy nodded and headed after Jamina. She was dragging her tired body down the hall. It took every ounce of energy not to slam herself down. They finally arrived at the door. He opened it and led her inside, closing it behind.

"Get out."

He looked down. "No!"

She turned her head, staring at him with tired eyes.

"If you want to hurt me, then you should do it now. I would hate to clean twice the blood from the ground..." she slightly furrowed " come on. Weren't you the one who said that it was going to be 'fun' to watch as I was getting beaten to a pulp?"

There was so much tiredness in her voice.

"I want to help you!" she scoffed and gave a weak laugh " It's kind'a too late for that. Fine. Do as you wish."

She turned around and started opening her bandages. Pieces of blood-stained fabric were dropping down. She bit her lip and ripped apart the entire material from her arm, then did the same with the other and with her chest. She was left with only a sports bra on as the bandages continued to fall.

Luke's eyes were wide as he watched her peel the last layers of fabric. These ones were dripping with blood, puddles already forming at her feet. She was standing there, alone, looking straight ahead with a blank expression as the blood poured down. He raised his hand and took one step closer, his eyes tracing her back.

Black marks were filling her body, the bruises becoming more and more looking like a maze. He touched her back, his fingers sinking in her skin, meeting no resistance.

In the next second she kicked him away with one punch in his chest "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!" she was shouted, but Luke jumped up, unfazed by the sudden outburst of rage.

" What-? Wh-where are your bones?" she sighed and waved her hand. "Jamina, what happened to your spinal cord? Jamina! I didn't feel any bones!"

" Because they have been broken, you idiot."

"WHAT? DO YOU MEAN? Those guys broke your bones...like that!?"

"Yea, no shit, Sherlock!"

She turned around and continued peeling the bandages.

"That is very painful!"

"It's not like you were not doing the same to me back then..." she looked at him with a side eye "I never really thought we would actually come to this. You, standing there and watching me, reveal my injuries as I refuse your help. Wow. How were the roles reversed..." She winced and went back to the bandages, while Luke's eyes were tracing her back.

It was really a mess. Her bones were broken, and the skin had a blueish color that made her look like she painted herself. She was...skinny. No...only skin and bones. There was nothing holding her together.

"You did this." The sudden cold voice made him shiver.

"You convinced the boss to use me as an experiment. You gave me the name Infinite. Because I will never escape. Stuck here for eternity" she turned and smiled "you were the one beating me against the wall until I was reduced to a bloodied pulp. You. So, thank you...but it's too late to change yourself now."

She turned and headed for the bathroom. He lunched at her and grabbed her hand. "Please...let me- "

"GET LOST. I don't want you near me." She yanked away and slammed her door.

Luke was left there, staring at the shiny blood patch in his hand.

^

She shook her head and retreated her claws.

"Ok, now I hope you understand how it works. I go into an arena. Fight. While my boss stands back and makes bets on which one beats the other."

We were looking at her with widen eyes.

"But...doesn't it hurt? When you fight?" Ochako was looking concerned as she gripped Deku's hand. "Don't worry. I usually get used to it and besides...I never lost against anyone."

"Child...are you sure you want to do this?"

She sighed and looked down at her claws. "It's not like I have a choice...but it doesn't matter! What is important is that you won't get hurt." She sighed and rested her back against the wall, closing her eyes. She was not getting much sleep lately...

I leaned on the window and fixed my eyes on her. I had a bad feeling about this.

AN: Yea...Luke is starting to become more of a good character than i intended... anyways, hope you liked it!

912 words