The bomb

DISCLAMER: This chapter contains graphic depictions of violence as well as possible character death. If these are a trigger, please proceed with caution!

This was bad. Really bad. Bakugo was on the ground and my wings were melted. I got up and dragged him out of the rubble. Fortunately, I didn't see any of the other fighters, so I used a bit of my leftover magic to form a few portals, gathering the rest of our group in a clear room from an abandoned building. We all dropped down on the floor, and I was relieved to see that they all were ok. Endeavour was away from the explosion and Deku, Ochako and All Might were safe. And Bakugo was breathing.

.

.

.

But I was not ok. The metal melted and opened a few deep cuts that were connected to my spinal cord ... I was...starting to loose

consciousness...I was starting to feel more and more weak

pathetic

powerless...

stupid

fucking

excuse

of

an

experiment---

I felt my soul starting to glitch as I was dragged underwater, leaving the real world and being thrown inside memories

.

.

.

The room was white with some spots of black.

„Fascinating...truly amazing!" the doctor looked at the blood sample with a smile.

He grabbed a knife from the desk and came over to the corner of the room.

„I would advise you not to move or the cut will be deeper than i intend it to be" he grabbed the girl's hand and turned it. Than he pressed the sharp blade across her wrist, slowly tearing the skin apart.

She hissed and her claws extended.

„ Now, now, than, lets not make that here" he smiled again and the blade went deeper in her flesh.

The metal chains were preventing her from moving, digging in the skin around her arm. Other chains were keeping her legs together and another was tied around her neck.

The doctor finished with the knife and took out a black springe. At the sight of it, the girl's eyes sharpened, her pupils shrinking. She growled again, this time, shaking her hand, trying to keep him away. But the doctor smiled again and grabbed her wrist, spreading the blood. " My, oh my, you are really a fighter!" he exclaimed in a playful tone and pierced her skin.

" LET GO! LET GO! LEAVE ME ALONE!"

Unfortunately, her mouth was covered with a metal mask, not allowing her to speak. All she could do was just scream, while the black substance was forced into her bloodstream.

After the doctor finished, he tossed a bandage to her and pushed her out of the lab. " Have a wonderful day, Subject Infinite!"

She looked at the small piece of fabric and sighed. Walking away, she went trough a long tunnel that led to a corridor. The walls had hundreds of red lines. She dipped her claws in the wound on her wrist and traced a red line on the wall, along with the others. After that, she tied the fabric around her arm, stopping the bleeding.

She walked trough the tunnel and got to a small room. Her knees bent, she felt her bones creaking and she hit the ground, the thud echoing trough the walls. A line of blood started dripping from her eyes as she closed them and let the crimson tears clouding her vision, clog her airways and fill up her lungs, finally forcing her to fall into a deep and dark sleep.

.

I felt my limbs moving and slowly opened my eyes. I was in some kind of train, in a plastic bag. Like literally...I was lying on a hard surface and around me was some kind of blue plastic...

Did they thought I was dead?

No. I won't let them!

I shredded the blue material with my claw, raising it up in the air. As expected, a piercing scream echoed around me, being amplified by another one. I got up, shredding to pieces the small ropes that were keeping my legs together. It was even more louder as I got down from the shelf where I was on, jumping down from it and landing in the middle of my screaming friends

*Bakugo'sPOV *

She was dead. Really dead. There was no pulse, no breathing...no life. Her neck was split open by the collar that malfunctioned. I could see her airways, her bones and parts of her ribs. Blood was spreading around, marking the ground and her wings. The metal was pulled out of her back, the bones shattered...flesh and muscles

She was so exposed. She was not fighting back. Even when Endeavour nudged her with his foot, turning her around...she was limp.

.

.

.

In the train, All Might came next to me.

"Young man...what did you know about her collar?"

I sighed, trying to make the words come out, without looking up at the blue plastic bag. "She...didn't let anyone touch it...it hurt her..."

All Might nodded. "We did a bit of research and it appears the bomb triggered the collar, making it rip her neck. But, young man...this was not your fault. You can't save everything that you care about...so don't blame yourself. You did what you could"

I felt my heart tremble.

"What...is going to happen to her now?"

All Might sighed

"She will be taken to a lab and have her powers removed...she is technically Endeavour's property so..."

I was starting to get angry. I was ready to start shouting but Ochako started screaming, followed by Deku.

When I looked up I saw Jamina's claws piercing the blue bag like a zombie's hand emerges from the ground. She got up and fell from the shelf landing in front of us.

And I lost it.

AN: Wow, that was a real roller-coaster of emotions!

Next chapter in two weeks!

935 words