Abandoned

I looked back in front of me and ran harder than I ever had before. As well as my feet, my mind was also racing. Where would I go? Johnnie had a car, but I didn't. The only thing I could think of was to run to Kaycee and Jake's room. I'd heard the man at the front desk issue them room fifteen when we checked in. I didn't want to run to the front desk and involve the receptionist in the situation, though—I knew what Johnnie would do to strangers who tried to protect me.

I found room fifteen, with my heart beating out of my chest. I only managed to bang on the door once before Johnnie reached me; I'd stood no chance.

He shoved me so hard that my head hit the door behind me. Then, he backed me up, with his hand around my neck. "I don't know why you still try," he said quietly, looking deep into my eyes. "You'll never leave me."

I screamed as loud as I could. It was my only chance, the last thing I could think of. My heart lit up as the door to a room opposite opened up, and a large man wearing a dressing gown open over his hairy beer belly and checkered boxers peeked his head out. "Shut up!" he yelled, before retreating back into the room and shutting the door.

"Listen to the man," said Johnnie, putting one hand over my mouth as he pressed up against me with his body. He breathed in deeply, clearly loving the feeling of me on his skin.

Suddenly, I stumbled backwards into room fifteen as the door opened behind me. When I turned around, I saw Jake stood holding it open, his dick hard, and Kaycee sat at the top of the bed, naked, with her knees against her chest.

"What's going on?" asked Jake.

"Brooke?" said Kaycee, looking confused.

"This bitch is up to her tricks again," said Johnnie, rolling his eyes.

"Kaycee, help," I pleaded, but she just sat there. "Even Jake, please!"

I ran into the middle of the room and grabbed Kaycee's jacket from the end of the bed, to wear over my naked body.

When I looked back at Johnnie, he was stood in the doorway, just watching me in amusement, with a slight smile on his face.

"So this is just a joke to you?" I snapped. Clearly, he wasn't worried at all about me getting away—he knew there was no chance I ever could.

"You're acting like a joke," said Johnnie. He laughed a little. "I'm struggling to understand what you think you can achieve here. I'm not gonna save you. Jake isn't gonna save you. Kaycee isn't gonna save you—she's in the same position you are, but she's accepted it. And no one else will, either, because I'll kill them before they can."

I sighed, put my palm to my forehead, and sat on the floor, leaning against the end of the bed. "But...why me?" I cried. "I'd do anything for you to just...choose someone else."

"Fine," said Johnnie, "I will."

I looked up at him, surprised. "What do you mean?" I asked. Surely he wasn't going to do what I asked, just like that. Maybe he meant he'd kill me to replace me with someone else. Instantly, I began to panic, and regret asking him to get rid of me.

"What I said. I'll choose someone else," said Johnnie, grabbing some of Kaycee's clothes and throwing them over for me to wear. "From now on, you're Jake's."

"What?" said Jake.

"Don't come back to my hotel room. I won't have anything to do with you," said Johnnie as he walked out of the door and shut it behind him.

I was still sat on the floor, and I looked up at Jake and Kaycee confusedly. "Is he really just letting me go like that?"

Jake shrugged his shoulders and got into bed beside Kaycee. What was I going to do? I was stuck in Jake and Kaycee's hotel room now, feeling really out of place.

"Well, what should I do now?"

"I don't fucking know," said Jake.

"Well, Johnnie said I'm yours now."

"Yeah, so just stay in this room, and make sure you wake up early tomorrow."

I sighed, and awkwardly trudged over to the bathroom cubicle, bringing Kaycee's clothes with me. I locked the door and looked in the mirror—I looked dreadful. My face was red and bruised, and my lip was cut from being punched by Andrew Tate. My hair hadn't been brushed since I was in the coma, as well. It was a wonder Johnnie had even wanted to have sex with me looking like this.

Now, Johnnie hated me. Even though he'd hurt me, I had a feeling that, before this, he'd had at least some sympathy for me. He'd saved me from Andrew Tate. And now I'd thrown his good deed away. He probably regretted taking me back. If I knew one thing, it was that, if a kidnapper does something nice for you, you cherish it, not throw it back in their face, like I'd done.

How fucking stupid could I be? Jake didn't give one single shit about me. Johnnie was the only one who somewhat did. Now, I'd ruined it for myself. I remembered his gentle touch, and I knew I'd never get it back. Now that it was gone, I longed for it, but he'd never trust me again. He hadn't even locked the hotel room door, he'd trusted me that much.

I quickly went to the toilet, flushed it, and as the toilet made a loud flushing sound, I screamed. I just had to let it out. When I went to wash my hands, I smashed my palms against the taps repeatedly until they hurt. But it wasn't enough. I looked at my dumbass crying face in the mirror, and punched it. The glass broke into shards in the sink, and it reminded me of the glass mirror Johnnie had used to cut my neck.

Now, using the shards as a blade didn't seem like all that bad of an idea. I took one and dashed it across my wrist, then held my arm out, letting the blood trickle down the sink.