Lost and Found

Tara's POV:

Vinnie placed his palm gently on my cheek where Jake had slapped it hard. "Did Jake hurt you?" Vinnie asked.

"Yes, but don't do anything. He'll kill you," I begged.

Vinnie was quiet for a moment. "Let's just forget about him," he murmured, as he moved his face closer to mine.

"Okay," I whispered, as my heart rate sped up.

I hadn't kissed anyone else in years, since before I knew Jake. Even though he'd fucked many other girls since he knew me, I still felt like I was doing something completely evil.

Vinnie's lips met mine, and our bodies instantly fell in line with one another's. His shirt was already off, and he removed mine, lifting it up over my head.

Soon, we were fucking, with our hands pressed over each others' mouths, trying to muffle our moans so that Jake, or anyone, wouldn't hear.

It was the best sex I'd had in ages. Don't get me wrong, Jake was good in bed, but for a while, he'd been really preoccupied, and I felt as though I wasn't really satisfying him anymore.

After we finished, I led naked beside Vinnie, underneath the duvet, and I started to cry.

"What's wrong?" asked Vinnie, leaning on his side to face me.

"I just...I'm overwhelmed," I sobbed.

"Is it about Tana?"

"Yeah...and now I feel guilty...for betraying Jake."

Vinnie sat up then. "Tara...Jake doesn't deserve you. You shouldn't feel an ounce of guilt for this. He's had sex with tons of other girls, including having a whole affair with Kaycee. And he treats you like shit."

"I know, I know," I cried. "I wish I could stay with you, but I have to go...in case anyone finds us together."

He kissed me softly on the forehead, and then I left.

*

The following morning, I awoke in Jake's bed, as usual...but, this time, to the sound of Jake yelling out in the hallway.

I sat up and squinted in the morning light, trying to figure out what Jake was saying. Then, he burst inside the room and yelled it at me, anyway. "WHERE'S THAT FUCKING BITCH?!"

I blinked hard. "What? Who?"

"FUCKING KAYCEE!"

"I have no idea," I croaked in my morning voice.

He stormed back out of the room and slammed the door behind him.

"Wait!" I called. "Is she gone?!" I quickly got up and followed him down the hall. "Jake, is she gone?!" I repeated.

"Yeah! Well, I can't fucking find her! I should've just killed that fucking piece of shit the day I got her back. Where's Hellie?"

"I don't know, probably in Scuff's room."

Jake stormed down the hallway in that direction, and I continued to follow him. He shoved open Scuff's bedroom door, and he and Hellie were in bed together. They started to wake up from the sound of the door slamming against the wall, and they looked confused.

"HELLIE," Jake yelled, "WHERE THE FUCK IS KAYCEE?"

"Kaycee? I-I don't know."