Chapter 9

Fade in. Scene opens with NAMWOOK speaking to DAN, wearing blue uniform.

NAMWOOK: What do you think, Doc? We had a new uniform made just for you! Do you like it?
DAN: Thanks, it's really nice.
NAMWOOK: I knew it'd be a good shade on you.
DAN [Internal]: It's not. But scrubs are always pretty unattractive.
DAN [Bowing]: Thank you so much. I truly appreciate it.
NAMWOOK: Not at all, hehe! Honestly, I should be thanking you, doc. [Rubs teary eyes] I was beginning to think we'd never find someone to handle that maniac... thank god you came alone, Doc Dan.
DAN: Ah.

NAMWOOK grasps DAN's hands, speaking excitedly.

NAMWOOK: Now that you've got your uniform and all, I hope you can stay with us for a long, long time!
BOXER 5: Coach! The reservation is at six, so the guys want to head over to the restaurant.
NAMWOOK: Oh, right. Let's head out together, doc.
DAN: Huh? To where?
NAMWOOK: You don't know what today is?
BOXER 5: Buckle up, Hyung.

Scene cuts to a sign reading 'Yeonnam Pork House'. NAMWOOK and DAN stand in front of a large group of males eating and chatting.

NAMWOOK: Today is your welcome party, Doc Dan!
BOXER 4: Hey! The man of the hour! Come on in!
BOXER 2: We've grilled all the meat already!

NAMWOOK holds DAN's shoulders.

NAMWOOK: Enjoy this, it's all for you!
DAN [Flustered]: I... see!

Title screen.

DAN sits at a table with the group of athletes.

DAEHYUN [Fills DAN's plate]: What's up, doc? Better eat up.
DAN: Thanks.
DAEHYUN: Hah! You gotta hurry or they'll eat your share too. These guys are athletes, so they'll take any excuse for a good meal.
NAMWOOK: Have you numbskulls even introduced yourselves yet? Sorry, doc, they're savages.
DAEHYUN: I'm Oh Daehyun.

Scene cuts to YOSEP who bows.

DAEHYUN: This here is Coach Jeong Yosep. He's the oldest of the athletes so everyone calls him Hyung.
NAMWOOK: And you know my name, right? Park Namwook, Jaekyung's manager and the coach for Team Black.

Scene cuts to POTATO from across the table.

NAMWOOK: That one there is the youngest on the team, his name's Potato.
POTATO: Come on! How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?! I'm Hwang Yoon-Gu!
NAMWOOK: Whatever, Potato. If the shoe fits.
POTATO [Growls in chibi dog form]
DAN [Internal]: Haha, how explosive.

NAMWOOK turns his attention back to DAN.

NAMWOOK: I know you're officially in charge of Jaekyung but I hope you get to know all of us. They can be a little rough sometimes but we're all a family here.
DAEHYUN: And he's the wise uncle.
BOXER 1: Hey, that's me!
DAN: Crazy family. [Smiles] But, I'd like that.
POTATO: Uh, coach... where is Jaekyung Hyung?
NAMWOOK: Jaekyung came in for training in the morning and called it a day. Said he had stuff to do.
DAEHYUN: What? This is supposed to be the welcome party for his personal physical therapist and he's not even gonna show?! Come on!
YOSEP: You know Jaekyung doesn't normal come to stuff like this. He doesn't even drink.
DAN [Internal]: Thank god for that. He's probably still upset over last time.

DAN flashes back to when he punched JAEKYUNG in the shower.

DAN [Internal]: He deserved a good punch though. 

The scene returns to the dinner table. DAN sighs.

BOXER 1: Hold up, coach! Aren't you forgetting something? We haven't done the welcome ritual!
NAMWOOK: Ah, that's true.