Chapter 38

Fade in. DAN closes a door and faces NAMWOOK, POTATO, DAEHYUN, YOSEP and JAEKYUNG. He holds a pink smoothie.

NAMWOOK: Who was it?
DAN: A staff member. He brought Jaekyung this nutrition shake.
NAWMOOK: Really? They sent up the right number earlier. Jaekyung's drank them all already.
DAN: Oh, I'll give this back, then.
POTATO: No way! Those shakes are delicious!
DAN: Eh, really?
NAMWOOK: They probably just had one lying around. You go ahead and drink it, doc.
DAN: Jaekyung?
JAEKYUNG [Shrugs]: I don't mind.

DAN drinks it. JAEKYUNG stands up.

JAEKYUNG: Well, I need to rest.

NAMWOOK becomes alerted. He flails his arms around, ushering everyone out in a chibi form.

NAMWOOK: That's right! Everyone out! Our emperor needs his sleep if he wants to be the champion tonight!
EVERYONE [Gets up]
DAEHYUN: Yeah, yeah.

The shot focuses on DAN turning his head. JAEKYUNG waves goodbye to him. DAN turns away. The door slams and JAEKYUNG hangs his head.

JAEKYUNG: Haa...

Shot cuts to DAN, POTATO and DAEHYUN walking outside of the room. DAN lags behind silently.

POTATO: Damn, I can't wait to see Jaekyung Hyung destroy that guy! He thinks he's such a big shot!
DAEHYUN: Uh, he is a big shot. Dominic is a hero of the sport; you can't be rooting for his downfall.
POTATO: So, you're rooting against Jaekyung Hyung then?
DAEHYUN: Well- I never said that! 

Their words are faded out. DAN is focused on - he blushes and sweats profusely.

DAN [Internal]: That's strange... why does my body feel like it's... it's burning...?

DAN collapses onto the ground. POTATO and DAEHYUN turn to him, shocked.

POTATO and DAEHYUN: Doc?!

POTATO runs to him.

POTATO: Doc! 
DAEHYUN: W-what's wrong?!

Title screen.

DAN lays in his bed. POTATO presses a hand to his forehead, reading his body temperature. DAEHYUN leans over the bed.

POTATO: Oh no, you're burning up, doc.
DAN: Haa... haa.
POTATO: Doc, are you sure you're alright? Your face is beet red.
DAN: I must be coming down with something. I feel a bit dizzy, but it's better now that I'm laying down.
DAEHYUN: This looks pretty bad! Are you sure you just have a cold?
POTATO: Maybe it's an allergic reaction or something. Did you eat anything new, doc?

POTATO turns to DAEHYUN in a chibi style.

POTATO: Seafood, maybe!
DAEHYUN: Oh, do you really think he ate seafood today?
POTATO: I'm just spit-balling!
DAN: No... no, I don't remember anything like that.

An image of the drink DAN had earlier plays.

DAN: ...Aside from that nutrition booster.

DAN's eyebrows raise.

DAN [Internal]: Hold on. The guy that gave it to me had that malicious glow about him. What if-?
DAEHYUN: You don't think there was something wrong with that drink, do you? Jaekyung Hyung had several of them.
POTATO: Yeah, they never make me sick.
DAN: Maybe something was in it.

DAEHYUN and POTATO glance at each other suspiciously.

POTATO: The drink was made for Jaekyung...
DAN [Internal]: It's the only possible reason...
DAEHYUN: Uhh, let's not draw conclusions just yet, doc. Try sleeping it off for now, a good night's rest is the best medicine. We'll be right by you, anyway - just start screaming if it gets really bad and we'll take you to the clinic!
POTATO: Yeah!
DAN: Okay.