Chapter 22

Ace's POV

Nung nagpaalam si Cait na sasama kina Deanna, I knew something was up pero I respect her relationship with them. Maybe right now sila talaga ang kailangan nya. Besides, recently laging ako ang inaalagaan nya. So I'm happy na she's taking care of herself too.

Alam ko na late na sya makakauwi at baka dun pa sya matulog kina Deanna kaya nagulat ako ng narinig ko ang doorbell.

"Bea? Anung ginagawa mo dito? May nangyari ba?" Wika ko pagkabukas ng pinto.

Umiling sya.

"Are you alone? Can we talk?" Tanung nya.

"Yes of course, pasok ka. Gusto mo ng inumin?" Wika ko.

"Tubig lang please." Wika nya.

Kumuha ako ng tubig at inabot sa kanya. Umupo kami sa may Balcony.

"Ace, hindi ko alam kung paano magsisimula. Pero magkaibigan tayo so gusto ko irespeto yun." Panimula nya.

"I know you have feelings for Cait at alam ko na alam mo that I do too. I don't know kung kamusta kayo, pero alam ko na sobrang close nyo. Alam ko din that for the longest time, you have given me the chance and the space to pursue her regardless of how you feel pero I didn't do anything about it early on, so maiintindihan ko if you've already made your move. Hindi ko alam kung may sinabi na sa yo si Cait pero gusto ko na marinig mo din straight from me. Last night, I confessed my feelings to her. Hindi ko na kayang itago. And I'd be honest, seeing you with her recently, I felt jealous and that pushed me to confess to her." Wika nya.

Wait did she say last night? Yun kaya ang dahilan kung bakit pagbalik ni Cait the vibe was different?

"Look Bei you know that you matter to me too. So I'd be honest with you. I always intended to tell you anyway, naunahan mo lang ako. All day yesterday, habang nasa practice kayo, I cant stop thinking about her and how I feel for her. You know how close we are and it didn't feel right to keep hiding my feelings for her so pagkauwi nya yesterday. I confessed to her too. I don't think its my place to tell you how she reacted. But I guess importante na marinig mo din from me that I want to pursue a relationship with her if she'd let me. I respect you Bei and you are my friend pero you know from the beginning how I feel about her. So yes I'm taking my chances." Wika ko.

Tumango sya.

"I respect that. Thank you for being honest. And please know na kung pipiliin ka nya, I would respect that. I won't lie, alam ko na masasaktan ako and it will take time pero alam ko na eventually I will be able to be supportive." Wika nya.

"I won't go down without a fight pero I'll be the same." Wika ko.

"I expect that, she deserves nothing less." Wika nya.

I extended my hand and we hugged.

Cait's POV

Kakapasok ko ng pinto when I heard them talking. Hindi ko mapigilan yung sarili ko na makinig. I heard everything. From how they told each other kung ano ang nangyayari and at the same time how they ended the conversation.

Mas lalo akong na-amaze sa character nilang pareho. It's amazing how civilised they can be in spite of the situation we are in. I guess I owe it to both of them to be honest about where I'm at, kung anung nararamdaman ko.

So I decided to show myself to them.

"Cait?" Sabay nilang wika.

"I heard everything." Panimula ko.

"Cait we..." Putol nila.

"Wait my turn ok?" Wika ko.

Tumango sila.

"Sobrang honest nyo sa kin and sa isa't isa so I think deserve niyo din na maging honest ako. Ace, you already know how I feel about you pero thank you kasi nirespeto mo na dapat sa kin pa din manggaling yung side ko while you're having this conversation with Bea. I know it must be hard for you, pero pinanindigan mo yung sinabi mo na one step at a time. Bei, honestly sobrang shocked ako kagabi. I didn't see it coming at all. I know it must have been hard for you too. Thank you na kahit mahirap, you gave me some space. I don't know what I did to deserve either of you pero sobrang grateful ko that you are both a part of my life. I'm so grateful na before anything else, magkaibigan muna tayo. Sobra akong takot na mawala yun, sobra akong takot na masaktan ko either of you. Pero I know mas unfair kung hindi ko sasabihin yung nararamdaman ko." Wika ko.

Eto na, it's now or never Cait. Be brave.

Lumapit ako sa kanila.

"Bei, you mean a lot to me. I held her face in my hands. Pero you're right, my heart belongs to Ace. Matagal na din akong may nararamdaman for her pero it wasn't until I almost lost her that I had the courage to finally face my feelings. I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. And I know it's going to take some time for you to heal, but I'll wait for you because I don't want to completely lose you too." Wika ko habang nagsisimulang tumulo ang luha ko.

Nakita ko na nangingilid din ang luha sa mga mata nya. Pinunasan ko yun tapos niyakap ko sya. Niyakap nya ko pabalik bago nagwika, "In time."

Tumango ako bago lumapit kay Ace.

"It's you. It's always been you. Thank you for being patient with me. Thank you for loving me unconditionally all this time. Thank you for putting me first, for being so selfless. My heart is yours Ace, promise me you'll take care of it like you always have." Wika ko habang nakatitig sa mga mata nya.

"Always." Wika nya sabay yakap sa kin.

Bea's POV

Masakit marinig pero alam ko naman na din. I was too late. Im hurting right now and I need time to heal pero I respect and love them both regardless. Ace won Caits heart fair and square. They both deserve to be happy and part of me is happy for them. Pero seeing them like this and hearing those words hurts deeply right now. I need to get out of here.

I slowly walked away to give them some privacy.

"Bei..." Pagtawag ni Cait.

"I'll show myself out, you guys need to talk. Don't worry I'll be okay." Wika ko sabay ngiti.

Pero as soon as I closed that door. My heart sank.

I walked away as quickly as possible and instinctively I dialled the only number that made sense.

"Jho..." Wika ko as I started to sob.

"Aww... Bei... come home to me honey. I'm right here." Wika nya.

I pulled myself together and drove home to her.