Chapter 41

Deanna's POV

Dinalaw nila Coach sila Bea at Ace sa ospital at pagkalabas hindi sila makaalis without finally giving a quick interview.

Pinanuod namin as a team yung interview.

"Coach, how are you feeling given the situation CMFT is currently in with two of your players on the sideline on top of Thang who's still recovering from her injury during the last conference?" Tanung ng isang reporter.

"Honestly, it was an initial shock. Pero Bea is doing really well, in fact she will be out of the hospital soon. And we are still keeping our faith that Ace will be on the way recovery soon. They have done a lot of groundwork before this all happened. We still have a few months so I feel confident that if all goes well they will be ready to play before the conference starts." Wika ni Coach.

"Would you say their actions were reckless especially putting CMFT in a difficult situation where you are down two members?" Panunutsa ng isang interviewer.

Nakakainit ng ulo tong reporter na to ah. How dare he say that?!

"No. The management and team have discussed this and we stand by what the girls did. If anything, it showed their character. We are proud of them. It was a life and death situation and these girls fought to save two younger lives. You cannot compare that with winning any conference. The team can work harder para magcompensate if we have no alternatives, to make up for these two while they are in recovery. Pero losing two younger lives, and knowing we could have done something about it? I think mas mahirap tanggapin yun." Madiin na wika ni Coach.

"Sa last interview, Jho Maraguinot answered on behalf of CMFT, has she signed with you?" Tanung ng isang reporter.

"No. However, the last interview was significant so we felt it was best for two of the closest to Bea and Ace, if you remember Deanna was also there, to speak on their behalf especially because we didn't want Bea to be dealing with the press while she was still recovering." Sagot ni coach.

"Last question Coach, when are you leaving Zambales to continue training?" Tanung ng isang reporter.

"We have decided to extend our time here and continue training while we are here. For obvious reasons, we are not ready to leave Zambales. This team is a family so we have no intention of leaving Ace behind even when Bea's discharged. " Sagot ni Coach.

"And if she doesn't wake up? I mean won't sacrificing this much for her harm the team?" Follow-up question ng isang reporter.

"What the?! Ang sarap sapakin ng reporter na yan ah, kanina pa yan!" Wika ni Ate Maika habang nanunuod kami.

"I noticed kanina pa medyo negative ang mga tanung mo. Let me be clear, you may not know Ace yet as pro player but you will. She's a fighter. And contrary to popular belief she didn't come out of nowhere. She's credited with so much in her non-pro days that she brought with her from Day 1 of signing with us. I think if you ask any of these girls they would rather not play than leave a family member behind. Even Thang is here and she is still recovering. Winning is important to us, we want to see our hard work pay off but not at the expense of our humanity. I think that's what makes this team different. Now if you'll excuse me I have to get back to the team." Paninindigan ni Coach.

"Let's go Coach!" Sigaw ni Isa.

"Boom! Mic drop!" Wika ni Shannen.

"Pero sana magising na talaga si Ate Ace. I miss her." Wika ko.

I felt Ate Den squeeze my shoulder. "Me too." Wika nya.

"We all do." Dagdag ni Des.

"So let's work hard while waiting for them." Encouragement ni Maddie.

We all agreed.