Chapter 39

Bea's POV

Nagising ako na nag-aayos sa loob ng hospital room ko si Jho.

"Jho..." Pagtawag ko.

Napatingin sya sa direksyon ko at unti-unting lumapit.

"Hey Bei, gising ka na pala. Kamusta pakiramdam mo?" Wika ko ni Jho.

"Mas ok na. Si Ace?" Tanung ko.

Mula sa expression sa mukha ni Jho I can tell na hindi pa rin ok si Ace.

"Still unconscious. Cait and Deanna's with her." Wika ni Jho.

The whole time we were in the water I felt Ace fighting to keep us alive to the point na hinabilin nya si Cait sa kin. But there's one thought I can't shake off. Before I lost my consciousness, Jho was the last thought in my head. Getting back home to her was all I could think of. Sa lahat ng nangyari, I guess I realised that I can't wait too long. I don't want to lose here again pero ayoko na din matakot sumugal. It's clear to me now. Yes I fell in love with Cait at some point but the truth is, I never really fell out of love with Jho. I put it aside because I had to. But now that she's back in my life I can't lose her again.

"Jho..." Panimula ko as I held her hand.

"Yeah? May masakit ba sa yo?" Pagtataka nya.

Umiling ako.

"No. Wala. i just need to talk to you and I need to say this now before I lose my confidence." Dugtong ko.

"Okay... kinakabahan ako sa yo Bei." Wika nya.

"Listen... there's something I need to tell you about what happened in the water." Wika ko.

Tumango sya to signal that I can continue.

"When I ran after Ace and dove into that water all I wanted was to help. I didn't think we'd get in to so much trouble. I didn't realise how rough it would be. Getting the kids onto that rock, helped me breathe because at least they were safe. We were trying to get ourselves into safety and nasabi ko na to na Ace's last words to me were about taking care of Cait. Then we got swept back in. But there's something I haven't told you yet. Jho, you were my last thought. Coming home to you was all I could think of before I lost my consciousness. I was fighting to get home to you."

Nagsimulang mangilid ang luha sa mga mata ni Jho. I squeezed her hand.

"In that moment, I realised that you are still the one that matters most to me more than anything in this world. I always regretted not fighting hard enough for you, for us. I don't want to go through that again. Having you back in my life, keeps me grounded. I don't want you to think that this is rebound. It isn't pero I am willing to take our time to start over again, and to progress as naturally as possible. Pero I can't live with myself without telling you how I feel. I can't lose you again and I'm willing to fight hard everyday to deserve you. Jho, mahal mo din ba ko?" Wika ko.

I felt her squeeze my hand.

"I never really stopped loving you Bei. I just didn't have the courage na panindigan yun noon. As soon as we were back in each other's lives I've never been happier even though nasasaktan ako when I see you hurt because of Cait. Pero in my heart all I want is to love you without reservations kahit hindi na ako ang laman ng puso mo. All wanted was to let you feel my love and that I won't leave you again. I am here to stay in any capacity you want me to. So hearing you say this, that you want to give us another chance, you have no idea how much this makes me happy Bei. Yes Bei, I love you and I want us." Tugon nya.

Niyakap ko sya ng mahigpit. I kissed her forehead as I whispered, "Ikaw ang mahika ko Jho."

Naramdaman kong humigpit ang yakap nya.