Chapter 45

Den's POV

After months of preparation from the last conference at sa dami ng nangyari in between, it's finally game day! It's the first game of this conference. We've come a long way as a team both in and out of the court. It's also Ace's first professional game. Both Bea and her recovered very well, parang walang nangyari. They play better and stronger than they ever have before. Mga inspired e! Ace will be playing today as the libero, I'll be the alternate. We all decided as a team that it's time for the world to get to know her as a pro player. Magpapalitan kami ng posisyon throughout the conference, but today is about her. This is what we've been working for, showing the world we are more than just a team, we are a family.

Thang is also wearing our outside court uniform and she'll be sitting with the team throughout the conference, nagstart na din ang rehabilitation nya and she's doing really well. It may still take some time but she'll be back soon.

Jho will be sitting just behind us wearing one of Bea's jersey from the previous conference, wala syang game today so she'll stay with us. Sa lahat ng nangyari, lalo din sya napalapit sa buong team, kulang na lang lumipat na din sya sa CMFT, let's see. 😉

I was pondering these thoughts when Ace approached me.

"Den, are you ready?" Tanung nya sabay abot ng kamay nya.

"Syempre!" I held her hand as she helped me up.

We hugged.

"Thank you for convincing me to do this Den." Wika ni Ace.

"It's your time bud, it's time the world sees you." Sagot ko.

I hugged Cait as she approached us.

"So are you ready love birds?" Biro ni Maika.

Cait reached out her hand to Ace and said, "Always."

We walked out of the locker room and into the court with the two of them holding hands.

Here we go. Let the press begin. I smiled to myself.