Chapter 46

Cait's POV

Walking out of the locker room and into the court while holding her hand feels so surreal. Months ago, I could only see her watching our games from afar. Today, I did the drills and warm-up with her and now I'm standing next to her, her fingers intertwined with mine.

I can tell she's a bit nervous. She's debuting today.

"Babe, are you okay?" Tanung ko as I whispered into her ear.

"Medyo ninenerbyos lang." Wika nya.

"Hey, look at me. You've got this." Wika ko as I touched her face with my free hand.

She smiled and squeezed my hand.

"It's time." Wika ni Coach as we lined up according to our jersey numbers per tradition.

Nasa pagitan ako nila Deanna at Ace. My hands in each of theirs.

Isa-isa kaming tinawag ng announcer, the only time I let her hand go before the game.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Choco Mucho Flying Titans. Starting with #1 Outside Hitter Isa Molde. #3 Setter Deanna Wong. #4 Opposite Hitter Caitlin Viray. #7 Middle Blocker Maddie Madayag. #14 Captain and Middle Blocker Bea De Leon. #18 Outside Hitter Sisi Rondina. Last but not the least debuting for her first game in the pro volleyball arena under the banner of Choco Mucho, #6 Libero Ace Caputo." Wika ng announcer.

Let the games begin.