Kara sat behind her desk inside her veterinarian office letting out a long sigh after having to let a young girl know that her dog had to be put to sleep. "You ok Kar?" A vet tech named Nia asked. "Huh...yea, it's just a long day. Why don't you head home. I still have some paperwork to do here." Kara replied. "You sure?" Nia asked. "Yea Nia, go home to Brian and the kids." Kara replied. "Ok boss! Don't stay too long...I know how you are." Nia replied as she left Kara's office. Rolling her eyes Kara spun around in her chair and sighed again.

As she spun back around she heard her phone going off, so she quickly answered it. "Alex? What's up?" She asked her sister. "Well hello to you too Kara!" Alex groaned. "Hey Al...it's been a rough day..." Kara replied with a sigh. "What happened?" Alex asked. "Had to put down a family dog....with a child in the room...so I had to explain what was happening to a toddler!" Kara exclaimed. "Oh Kar! I'm so sorry. Is everything ok now?" Alex asked. "Yea, I'm just doing paperwork." Kara replied. "Ok good! So I was thinking we could have a sister's night tonight. Sam has to work a late shift at the hospital." Alex added. "Oh so you want to come drink my wine and eat pizza all night?" Kara joked. "But of course! I'll see you at seven!" Alex replied as they hung up.

Kara finish her paperwork and locked up the building before heading to her truck. "Ugh...I hope Alex's is ordering pizzas..." She grumbled as she began driving back to her house. A few minutes later she pulled into her driveway and put the truck in park before hopping out. Looking at her watch she saw she had plenty of time to take a shower before Alex arrived. Putting her bag on the table Kara headed upstairs to her room to shower and get dressed into some comfortable clothes.

A half hour later Kara came out of her room all clean and dressed in some sweat pants and a baggy shirt. She opened a bottle of her favorite red wine and poured two glasses before heading into the living room to wait for her sister to arrive.