14

Over the next few hours Lena was busy thinking about Kara while she fixed her motorcycle and worked on a new scent of soap. 'Every Saturday night...at Kara's place...now...how do I get to the point where I actually take her on a date?' Lena asked herself as she put another batch of soap in the cooler to harden up. Thinking about what she should do she paced the floor and continued thinking.

Meanwhile back in Kara's house she was finishing up doing some laundry so it'd be ready for tomorrow morning. She too was thinking about Lena, and how they had an enjoyable evening on Saturday and day today. She was mostly happy that her friends got along with Lena. However unlike Lena, Kara wasn't thinking about taking her on a date at all. Instead she was thinking that she had made a nice new friend. She was just putting the clothes in her closet when her phone rang alerting her Alex calling.

"Hey Al! What's up?" Kara asked. "Nothing much...how was your sleepover with Lena?" Alex asked. Rolling her eyes at her sister even though she couldn't see her Kara sighed. "It wasn't that type of sleepover! But it was nice. I just dropped her off at her place." Kara replied. "Oh I know! Sam's over there now getting the details." Alex replied. "I'm not sure why...nothing happened! I told you I don't have time to date anyone." Kara replied. "You have time to date! You hired that Mike guy and two other vets. You could take a night off here and there and a weekend off too. You just don't want to." Alex groaned. "Ok fine! Who should I go out with? Hmm? Tell me Alex!" Kara groaned. "Well Lena's available." Alex replied. "She's probably not interested in me... besides shes busy too." Kara replied.

Back in Lena's apartment Sam and her sat on the sofa and talked about Kara mostly. "She was such a gentle woman...she even did my laundry this morning! And she took me to the parts store too! And she said that she wants me to come back to girls night." Lena explained. "Well? Are you gonna come back?" Sam asked. "Of course! I had a great time last night!" Kara replied. "What else did Kara do for you?" Sam asked wagging her eyebrows at her best friend. "This morning I woke up to her having omelettes cooked and coffee made! She even told me what her type of woman was." Lena replied. "Oh? Do tell?" Sam asked. "She said she likes someone she can have a conversation with and someone who understands that her job calls for long and strange hours. Which I totally get...because I work lots of hours here." Lena replied. Sam only smirked at her friend. "Sooo when are you gonna ask her out?" Sam asked. "I'm not... she said that she doesn't have time for a proper relationship anyways...so I'm just gonna be her friend." Lena replied with a sigh. Sam nodded and remained silent for a moment. "Well..I should be going, Alex and I are having dinner with Kara and Eliza tonight." Sam replied. "Eliza?" Lena asked. "Kara and Alex's mom. She's in town for a week so we're going to a restaurant tonight...but don't worry I'll talk you up in front of Kara...get her thinking at least." Sam replied. "Whatever Sam...have a good evening!" Lena replied as they shared a hug before Sam left.