17

Lena walked Kara to her truck after leaving the restaurant together. "So what do you have to do now?" Lena asked. "Oh..I've to go back to the clinic, finish some paperwork. Make sure my new veterinarian is ok, then I thought I'd go home early or something." Kara explained. "Already listening to your sister and Sam?" Lena asked joking. "Yea... Alice is well prepared for the job and Nia will be there till closing so I'll be able to leave early now." Kara replied. "Why don't you come back to my shop, you can hangout while I work on some soaps. I mean...if you want to that is..." Lena stated. Kara thought for a second before responding. "Yea, I'd love to hangout and watch how you make soap. I'm a fan of your hair care products!" Kara replied with a smile. "Really? Which ones?" Lena asked. "The vanilla ones. Those are my favorites, I have them at the clinic and at home! They work wonders when my hair has goop in it, and that lavender scented body wash works miracles on my skin when I've finished an operation or am soaked in sweat....oh gosh...you probably didn't want to know all that." Kara rambled.

"No...no it's actually nice to hear! How come I've never seen you in the shop though?" Lena asked. "Nia...she usually buys that stuff for me. Well Alex got me hooked on them first because she bought me some for Christmas a few years ago." Kara replied. "Well...I should get going back to the shop. I guess I'll see you later?" Lena asked hopefully of a 'yes.' "Of course! I should be there around three if that's ok?" Kara asked. "Yea, that's perfect!" Lena replied. "Well I'll see you later Lena." Kara stated as she got into her truck. "See you later Kara!" Lena replied with a smile.

A few minutes later Kara returned to the clinic and jumped right into her paperwork. "Hey Kara!" Alice exclaimed with a smile. "What's up Alice?" Kara asked. "Just wanted to check in. Um I heard you're going home early..." Alice stated. "Yea I am. I have plans." Kara replied. "Oh? With who?" Alice asked. "A friend of mine. Why?" Kara asked looking at the other veterinarian. "Oh..just curious...I was thinking maybe we could get together and go for drinks or something?" Alice asked. "I'm gonna have to say no Alice. I have a strict rule about not getting a romantic relationship with my employees" Kara deadpanned. "Oh...ok...well I've got to get back to work..have a good rest of your day Kara." Alice replied. "You too Alice." Kara replied not looking up form her paper work.