21

An hour or so later Kara was preparing to leave Lena's apartment to go home. "Today was fun." Kara stated. "Yea, it was. I had a good time." Lena replied. "Well... I should go... but I'll see you tomorrow." Kara replied. "Yea... have a good night Kara." Lena said as she opened the door. "You too. I'll text you when I get home." Kara replied as she walked down the stairs towards her truck. Turning Kara waved one last time to Lena before she got into her truck.

Lena went back inside locked her door and smiled to herself. "Kara Danvers you are something else!" Lena sighed as she shut off her lights and headed to her bedroom. Kara got home a few minutes later and undressed after locking her house up. Sitting on her bed she texted Lena with a selfie and sat her phone back down to get under the covers. The sound of her phone dinging she checked to see Lena's response. "Good to see your home safe Kara...sleep well sunshine...L.." Smiling like an idiot Kara sent a quick response. "Good night soap girl...K" The cheesy nickname had Lena smiling as she fell asleep.

Morning came and Kara got up showered and got dressed in a pair of shorts and a tank top. Something she wouldn't consider wearing to the clinic. But now she had time to herself she decided to wear it today. She checked her phone to see if Lena messaged her and when she saw she did Kara smiled to herself. "Good morning soap girl! Are you ready for lunch with my meddling sister and Sam?" Kara asked.

"Oh...I'm looking forward to it! Say...would you like to grab breakfast with me? My little uh hot plate broke...so I was gonna go to the diner and get something to eat." Lena asked. "Well you can come over here if you like? I'm about to make myself some breakfast." Kara replied. "Really? You sure our meddlers wouldn't think too much of it?" Lena asked. "Two friends having breakfast together...I don't see where the problem is? Do you? I'll see you in a few minutes at the diner." Kara replied. "See you there sunshine!" Lena replied. She looked at herself in the mirror once more before walking out the door. She had on a light blue summer dress and sandals on. With her hair up in a bun she put on a necklace to accent the outfit.

The diner was a short drive for Kara and an even shorter walk for Lena. They both got there at the same time. "Hey sunshine!" Lena called. "Hey there soap girl!" Kara replied as they walked into the diner.