23

"Of course we're getting along! Why wouldn't we not get along?" Lena asked. "I don't know." Sam replied. "So what are your plans for today?" Alex asked. "Dunno." Kara replied. "Well besides coming to lunch with you two later we don't have plans." Lena replied. "Well we have to get to work now but we'll see you ladies later." Sam added leaving the woman behind.

"That was odd." Kara stated. "Indeed it was. So what would you like to do for the rest of the morning?" Lena asked. "We can hang out if you don't have to work?" Kara suggested. "The shops open right now but I don't need to be there." Lena replied. "Who's running it?" Kara asked. "My mother. She arrived early this morning." Lena stated. "Oh...so I guess you'll want to hangout with her then huh..." Kara replied. "No...I mean yes, but I'd like to hang out with you today. My mother will be here for a while." Lena added.

"Oh? Ok then, well what would you like to do today?" Kara asked. "We can go hang out at your house. I'd say my little apartment would be ok but...my mom...she'd ask you a million and one questions. And it would be a little embarrassing...for me..." Lena stated. Kara giggled at the brunette. "Come on...let's go back to my place then watch some television or something." Kara replied with a smile.

They got into the truck and headed to Kara's house that was just out town. "So what's your mom like?" Kara asked. "She's old school Irish. In the rare moments I'd bring someone home she would interrogate them and ask them what their intentions are with me..it's just a lot to handle for some women." Lena explained. "Maybe it's good, because she did that. Who knows you could have ended up with a weirdo or something." Kara replied chuckling. "Oh? And what does your mom say when you bring girls home?" Lena asked.

"She usually asks the same questions your's does. Then she'll talk to them about how her daughters need partners in life, not loose women. When Alex met Sam, our mom was over the moon. She told me 'Kara! It's time you take some time off work and meet a nice woman to settle down with like Alex! I want grand babies!' I laugh it off and tell her when I have enough staff to handle everything then I'll take time off." Kara explained. Now it was Lena's time to laugh out loud. "She wants grand babies? Oh my goodness! Our mothers would get along extremely well!" Lena replied as they pulled into Kara's driveway.