19

Loosing themselves in conversation it wasn't long til Lena had to shut down the shop for the night. "Wow! It got late fast!" Kara stated. "Indeed it did!" Lena replied with a smile. "I should uh..get out of your hair." Kara stammered. "Oh? Do you have plans?" Lena asked. Kara shook her head. "Nope...just gonna go home order a pizza and watch something on tv. What about you?" Kara asked. "I never have plans..well now I do on the girls nights but thats just once a week. I'll probably do the same as you, pizza and bad television." Lena hummed. "Well...maybe we could do it together if you like...I've taken tomorrow off so Alex and I can do something...so I don't have to worry about getting up early." Kara replied. "You took a day off?" Lena asked teasingly. "Yea..it's rare..but it does happen on occasion." Kara replied.

"So how about you hang out here then...I'll order some pizzas and we can sign something to watch." Lena added. "Sure!" Kara quickly agreed. "Well now that the shops locked up...I've got to do some restocking..." Lena stammers. "Well Lena lead the way! I'll help you!" Kara exclaims happily. "Kar you don't have to..it's...ok..." Lena replied. Kara placed her hand on the dark haired woman's hand and gently squeezed it. "I know I don't have to Lee..but I want to." Kara replied her eyes never leaving the emerald ones.

Swallowing hard Lena had to hold herself back from kissing the blonde. "Thank you Kara." Lena whispered as they headed into the back room once again. As they walked Lena thought back to earlier when they were in the shop  together. A customer came in and began flirting with Kara in front of her. She wanted to snap at the other woman, however she stopped herself when she heard Kara speak.

A little flashback:

"You're really beautiful! Do you work here too?" The woman asked Kara smiling at her. "Oh no! I'm just spending time with my friend! She's the real genius here!" Kara stated looking at Lena with adoration in her blue eyes. Kara thought Lena was the most beautiful woman in the world. She just didn't have the courage to say or do anything about it. "Well..that may be..but what about you? What do you do for work?" The woman asked as she leaned in on the counter pushing her breast together. "I'm a veterinarian! I work with animals all day! Sometimes I come home smelling like manure! It gets everywhere! In my hair, on my skin, sometimes I don't get an opportunity to shower for a day or so." Kara replied. "Oh? You work long hours hmm?" The woman asked still not backing away. "Yes...then I come home to my girlfriend and she'll wash me off in the shower...then we make love till we can't move!" Kara deadpanned. The woman all but jumped off the counter and flew towards the door. As soon as she left Lena burst out laughing which caused Kara to start laughing. "That was priceless! The look on her face!" Lena exclaimed. "Yea.. good thing I can lie...huh...although...it would be nice to come home to someone.." Kara sighed.

Yes that one little statement made Lena think about asking her on a date..but she'd have to find out how to go about it. 'Alex and Sam will know.' She told herself as they continued restocking the shelves.